Any cheap phone cards USA to Thai mobile ?

imperial

Hello

What is the cheapest way to call a Thai mobile from the USA? phone cards or what ?

USA to Thai landline is pretty cheap,

but a call to a mobile is expensive.

And since most TG live on their mobiles , my phone bill is way to high

Cheers

www.onesuite.com

www.net2phone.com

They are both online virtual calling cards. Costs me .12-.15 a minute to a mobile phone in BKK. No need to go to the store or mess around with poor quality cards. I have used them both for 2 years now after having used the Thai based phone cards. Vastly superior in every aspect from call quality to managing your account. No muss and no fuss or hidden fees and taxes. Since you buy the minuteswith a credit card you can even expense it on your taxes(providing your accountant lets you).

I use both services because every now and then call traffic in LOS is high and you might have problems with a connection, if one service is not working properly the other will work.

I'm will also be testing www. vonage.com soon. I am going to bring the adapter/router to BKK and see how it works from there. Should save me even more money.

the problem with cheap international calls thru various providers or even free I.P. telephony thru the internet dialled from your own PC is the voice quality or line quality or lack off...

so how do you rate e.g. net2phone, which seems not only an US service?

What many people don't know is that a significant amount of phone traffic is carried over the internet. I know of several businesses who have been using VOIP for a couple of years now.

I find the phone quality and voice quality of net2phone and onesuite to be excellent, with no lags, echos,static etc. Sure once in awhile there might be a little hiccup in voice quality but that only seems to hapen when I am calling long distance and the person is on a mobile or a cordless phone. The worst I have ever experienced was equivalent to a static filled mobile to mobile call.

I would say that I am satisfied 98% of the time when using either one of the services to call Thailand. Add in the cost savings compared to ATT, MCI or Sprint and I am extremely happy. Add in the additional facts that I can control my costs, I see the details of every call and there is no contract or conditions,fees and taxes that change month to month like the majors, I am not going to switch. Those days of $500+ phone bills payable to AT&T are over.

just go to any asian neighbourhood, enter a convenience store that is not a chain and ask the owner which phone card is cheapest to where ever you want to call. Since expat Asians make a lifestyle of calling home, you can find some great deals ::

I'm paying about 7 cents a minute to a mobile at the moment. Only problem is that it routes through a Bkk switch and my GF sees my caller ID as being in LOS :banghead: Now that took some explaining.

most of the time calling to LOS it's to a mobile & using various operators(out of UK) I've usually found the quality too poor for decent conversation(echo, delay, duplex problems, etc) compared to crystal line when dialling direct using either landline or mobile... :p

another (free) option is thru chat/webcam, but obviously only viable when the other person has is setup ::

LaoHuLi said:

just go to any asian neighbourhood, enter a convenience store that is not a chain and ask the owner which phone card is cheapest to where ever you want to call. Since expat Asians make a lifestyle of calling home, you can find some great deals ::

I'm paying about 7 cents a minute to a mobile at the moment. Only problem is that it routes through a Bkk switch and my GF sees my caller ID as being in LOS :banghead: Now that took some explaining.

What card are you using? That Thai switch might come in handy.

thanks for the info so far

I have been using onesuite.com for a year or more

quality is decent , sometimes hear echos, I usually just hang up and call back

I use it alot to call Europe from the USA , real cheap

but same thing calling Europe ,calls to mobile phones are pretty expensive

Maybe thats just how it is calling mobiles overseas !

Archived