I bet, they will not sell this at amazon.com!

Man at Work

But I would love to read that book! Read this in the BKK-Post today:

Democrat book lists 'lies, failures of govt'

MP challenges PM to deny facts exposed

A Democrat MP has published a book detailing the Thaksin government's ''failures, slowness, negligence and lies''.

MP Tripol Johjit of Nakhon Si Thammarat and an executive member of the Democrat party, launched his black-cover book Fong Prachachon... Khor Bokprong Khong Ratthaban 4 Lor (Telling the People about the Government's Mistakes in Four Categories) at the party's headquarters yesterday.

He said he compiled the information while doing his duty as an MP in monitoring the government.

The book would serve to remind people of the government's mistakes, which might otherwise be forgotten after censure debates were over and the filing of interpellations by the opposition passed.

''I challenge the prime minister to say if any information in my book is untrue. I believe the prime minister is smart enough not to sue me because the information in the book can be applied by him in running the country,'' he said.

Copies of the book will be sent to school libraries and Democrat party branches nationwide. It can also be obtained by applying to PO Box 55, Parliament Post Office, Bangkok.

The book says the government of Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has failed in 13 areas, been slow in eight projects, ignored six matters and told the people 14 lies.

It allegedly failed in the war against corruption, the solving of security problems in the South, the solving of social problems, legislative work, political reform, grassroots economic stimulation, the farmers' debt moratorium, village fund project, 30-baht medical scheme, bureaucratic reform, solving of prawn and longan price problems and the cassava root mortgage scheme.

The Thaksin administration is accused of being slow in education reform, the war on poverty, commodity price controls, the Chiang Saen and Salween illegal logging cases, the construction of a rubber-trading town and irrigation pipelines and investigating the Boeing passenger jet explosion at Don Muang airport.

Mr Tripol claims negligence in controlling the bird flu outbreak; pushing for laws to produce coins in honour of Her Majesty the Queen; regulating teachers and setting up Rajabhat University; and in using the merit system regarding appointments and promotions.

:bow:

MaW

Archived