Jomtien Beach Too Pattaya Nightlife Questions?

Hi all,

I hope some of you can offer some advice about commuting between Jomtien Beach & the Main Pattaya Nightlife/walking street Area!

How long would it take to commute by taxi and approx cost each way! Also is there a problem with getting transport in the early hours of the morning back to Jomtien?

I have found a really nice hotel in Jomtien no Joiner fees very guest friendly! Great facilities, rooms, pool etc even free internet access and pc's in each room!

But i am a little concerned about being way to far out of the life!

This will be my first visit to Los, So i hope you can appreciate the problem i have trying to judge distances between the two places!

Any info & advice greatly accepted!!!

Many thanks

Depends on your bargaining skills 20 baht upwards. Options include Baht Bus if you can figure which one is going that way or hiring one which shouldnt be more than 40 to 100 baht.

Some Hotels have a shuttle Bus or alternately there is the Motorbike taxi option or hiring a motorbike. I dont know if I would like either of these after a night of heavy drinking.

Of course Jontiem has its own scene though a lot of gay places but a few hangout's. Jigsaw bar and the winchester club spring to mind.

No problems time wise you will always find transportation. Distance between the two places is about 5 to 10 minutes taxi travel.

If your heart is set on that hotel then when out partying in Pattaya Beach hire another hotel room. Since you can get decent rooms from about 500 baht a night this will save you having to make a potentaly dangerous trip back when alcohol impaired plus gives you somewhere to take a quick ST or nap if your main partying is going to be Pattaya based.

BTW there is no taxi's in Pattaya, well there is but they are down from Bangkok and probably wouldnt know your hotel anyway, they are waiting to be hired to go back to bangkok. The deal is the little truck things which run around on various routes. Just stick your hand out and one will pull over you may well have to wait as long as 30 seconds for one to come along in quiet periods. If empty you can charter it for where you want to go. Other option is Motor bike taxi Guys normally wearing a jacket with a number agree a price and destination before you get on. Please note no more than 5 people on one Motor bike smile.gif" border="0 You may think I am joking but wait till you get here.

i would think again about staying at jomtien

i never got a bus for less then 40 baht and late at night/early morning going back they want 100 plus they know you are not going to walk.so you pay or stay there is not much to do at jomtien apart from sunbathe and you get no peace because of the peddlers trying to sell you anything from food to girls, stay in pattaya you will find decent hotels :

From the south east corner of the junction of 2nd Road and S Pattaya Rd baht taxis leave regularly when they're full (only takes a few minutes to fill) - 10 baht during day time to Jomtien Beach, 15/20 baht if you're going a fair way along the beach. When returning to Pattaya just flag a "moving" (not stationary) baht taxi on the Jomtien beach front. 10 baht to S Pattaya, 15/ 20 baht if you're going a bit further... just get in the back; don't talk to the driver.

Anywhere else off the S Pattaya Rd -Jomtien route and at night time, they've got you by the balls and you just have to haggle over the price 40 - 100 baht.

Try Flipper Lodge soi 7 and 8 or the Eastiny to be more more central to the action in Pattaya .

Good luck, mate.

Well the beauty of LOS is there is no wrong choice. With that said I rented a motorbike. I just drove very very slow and stayed out of the main traffic lane. I mangaed to get around just fine. Should cost about 150 baht a day. I stayed at the dynasty resort, but I also rented a short term room when needed. I loved the fact that I could just hop on the motorbike and get away from all the crazyness and just kick back. But again there are no wrong choices enjoy. By the way what is the name of the place you are going to stay. They have Pc's in the rooms?

Tiger Moth & Vegas Dave

the place in question is the "

Jomtien Beach Paradise apts"

they do have pc's in each room and have free internet connection! the room rate is 1000 baht per night! the url is www.pattayarooms.com

And although posting this will probably mean it becoming much harder for me to book there another time! It's only fair as you guys and this board have been so very helpful to me!!!

Hope this is of assistance fella's!

Best of luck

Dave

Jomtien beach paradise apts

Dave,

I always stay in Jomtien when I go to Pattaya, as it seems much nicer to stay on the beach in a nice quiet area. I always pay 10B each way per person (20B for my TG and I) unless I travel past the walking street area in Pattaya then 20B per person. I never have a problem finding transportation at anytime, but worst case is you hire a Baht Bus directly and is 80B for total ride.

Hope this helps,

Gammon

[ February 17, 2002: Message edited by: gammonplayer ]

quote:

Originally posted by Blackpool Dave:

Tiger Moth & Vegas Dave

the place in question is the "

Jomtien Beach Paradise apts"

they do have pc's in each room and have free internet connection! the room rate is 1000 baht per night! the url is

And although posting this will probably mean it becoming much harder for me to book there another time! It's only fair as you guys and this board have been so very helpful to me!!!

Hope this is of assistance fella's!

Best of luck

Dave

Dave,

You do realise these are apartments not a hotel!! i.e. you don't have a maid to clean your room everyday. May even have to provide your own bed linen. As for a computer in each room, that is something I would rather do without when I am on holiday!

You will probably have to pay some extortionate rate for telephone connection if the internet "connection" is free.

Archived