Who's gonna win the Masters? Win a free Lippo!

Alright gentlemen, make your picks. (Four chances and one outsider)

Mike Weir -- The Pride of Canada is looking as good as he was last year. Already has one win under his belt (Nissan Open) and can 'roll the rock.'

Adam Scott -- The 'next Tiger' has finally arrived, or so experts like Butch Harmon say. Beat the best field of the year last week at the Players Championship and proved he can handle pressure after hitting into the drink and making bogey to win.

Padraig Harrington -- This guy always seems to fly under the radar. Improving every year and is a solid putter.

Phil Mickleson -- Could he finally break his drought? Bounced back after a disasterous 2003 and is hitting it as good as anyone but does he have the patience?

My outsider pick goes to ...

Shigeki Maruyama -- His won every year since 2000 and his injuries appear to have healed. Played great at the Nissan Open when he took Weir to the wire and ain't scared of the Big Guns.

Other notables:

Tiger: Ain't hitting it that good (by his standards) but can find form pretty darn quickly.

Ernie Els: Always a chance.

Retief Goosen: Ditto.

(Editor's note: Lippo can be exchanged for a beer next time I'm in town)

adakal, well they all can't win can they?

I picked my four and one outsider. You're two short.

Vijay's always a chance, although his putting seems to have abandoned him of late.

JD? He's more than capable and the crowd will certainly be behind him.

BTW, tell me about golf in Alaska.

I like Tiger,Retief,Ernie with John D. still as dark horse.

One funny Alaska golf story for you.

Every year at soltice(end of June)a gang of 4 of us get together to play as many rounds as possible,in the 20hrs. of daylight.Its a blast,so far we've gotten in 4 rounds.Problem is the distance between courses.Some day we hope to get in 5. We're lucky the 1st course we play is run by a friend of ours, so we get the front gate key and are teeing off as soon as its light enough to see.

Archived