Whores, girls, culture & koh chang:

chilli13

Koh Chang ?Honeymoon? (or so we referred to it)

So just back in bkk from pty 1 night ago I guess we were off out sukhumvit rd again & all the way down to centre point ferry(trat province) by morchit bus also reserved well in advance due to the new year craze!

Nothing too much conversation going on on the way I think we both just looked forward to arriving at chang park resort at kaibee beach, chang island. Ferry?s are always a nice break in any trip and also here as a 5hour bus trek followed by almost another hour soengthew untill we were at sea.

I remember my only other visit to these parts exactly 3 years ago & back then I?m sure there was only 2 regular ferry crossings vs. the 3 or 4 now? From another source I recently read that 1 of the crossings is a government ferry & actually free for all it?s just noone tells the farangs who board it that those tickets they were scammed into buying at the pier was not necessary??? Or could this be yet another business liable for the dual pricing web LOL.

Our rooms were less than expected initially I think as was the beach actually, but all in the possibility of some days quality time here still withstanding & with a girl like T anywhere should be ;) I mean most couples would run to the beach as soon the bags were dropped in the room wouldn?t they? While T just slowly guarded the nearest windows and started to undress followed by getting some serious action going?

Meanwhile day has turned to night and we deserved a proper seafood dinner, so the question was only where to get the best? Sooner than later we had to check out our own restaurent so we did exactly that & actually it seemed we were not located in the densest restaurent jungle in the world as compared to the main white sand beach, which may explain one of the quitest new year eve?s in my adult life, but I still rate it high up there ;)

Having already prebooked the gala new year dinner with the accomodation, clearly we were set for 31st.dec & the beachfront buffet setup with food from all parts of the kingdom & various entertainment aka katoey singers the works who would be bored?

I know it shouldn?t matter much in these curcumstances, but as the main clientiele apart from the thai/cambo camping/tent day trip families at this resort seemed russian, east euro if not chinese it?s fair to say we did not exactly fit in if I may!

My date is a very light drinker as is all of her friends I?ve met so far & honestly I?ve never been as sober myself approaching midnight for whatever reason. Anyways back at the beach for the countdown after relaxing a bit in the room we were(or at least I was!) shocked to see the party bar has now closed & nobody seem to be drinking & to top that off our resorts impressive looking fireworks setup seemed to have a bit of problem & they thus urged us not to look at any of the other fireworks that has already been going on for some time as it was maybe 10minutes past!

Anyways finally someone put a light to the explosives & we could get on with the night & find a ?proper? bar ? well if T was up for that & any bars actually was still open & having any people in them? The latter seemed the worst critirium, but we finally settled for a cozy dive bar with 4-5 other people hanging about!

Somehow after our 1 drink & time approaching 1am everybody has already drifted & so had we better? Only T was not feeling to great or should we go as far as say she might have somehow gotten drunk LOL :drunk:

Nothing worse than a short break could fix & although shakey she managed drifting back with me eventually & a new year was upon us ? wish us luck ;)

Daytimes was mostly spent at the beach swimming, hanging about and then 1 afternoon we wanted to visit 1 of the nationalpark waterfalls. 1st problem was arranging transport there, but the resort driver finally agreed to take us. Then at the ?park entrance? it does take a minute or 2 to swallow the fact that us farangs gets to pay 10x more than thais aka 200bt vs. 20bt & not even your GF seems embaressed about it! I mean what can she do, but at least a simple statement like ?sorry na, but u have money 200bt entry paeng mak as me only hab 20bt me ka?. Nothing like that at all, not even a hint of that funny isaan accent either LOL ;)

But the trek thru pristine jungle to reach the waterfall at least seemed worth it mainly due to the many cute japanese, chinese not to mention thai chicks enduring the same stuff!

Of course at samet at least we saw some real wildlife aka leguan's, monkeys etc., while the most exotic animals seen on elephant island was some weird birds I don't even know the english word for, but they have got real impressive huge colorful feathers & stuff & are rarely seen outside zoo's...

Even new year along with thai new year(songkran) is the major holidays thai workers & I guess students enjoy, it?s soon over so we need to get back to work or at least SHE does. Me however join her untill trat where I figure a detour to cambo would be in order a few days now that I?m all the way down here anyways?

:D

Archived