Partner introductions

markle

I noticed the other day that posters (myself included) tended to refer to their significant others as 'the wife' 'the GF' etc. Now I don't aim to pry but I think it would be nice if posters could use this opportunity to introduce their significant Thai other to us all.

Since it was my bright idea I will say a few words about my wife. Her name is Nok, although because it's quite common name she was given the nickname 'Nokky' by some English collegues and it's stuck. Although she grew up and is a official resident of Buriram, she is really a Bangkok girl. She's a writer/journalist/translator but here in Aus she has very limited opportunities. Loves travel, has been to more countries than me including most of Western Europe by herself. Secretly I think she's dissappointed that I'm not a French winegrower with a villa in SW France.

Well that's enough for now.

Nice move markle,

My significant other is Nong. Her real name is Joonjeua, which in thai means as much as the helper, and so she is.

She works in the airline business, and through that she got the name Jackie, because the company wanted the thai staff to choose a western name.

Now she has changed airlines and flies between bkk and Italy. I wonder if shes going to get a fourth name from her Italian boss, just to make confusion complete.

Sectretly (just to continue the style) I think she is dissapointed that I am still much of a stray dog, but when I can finally get myself sorted out, I hope that I will be able to return some of the good things she has done for me.

Pharcyde

Archived