emeriate airlines

My friend is flying to Bkk from Manchester in October and he is wondering what they are like .Can anyone give me info for him e.g entertainment , food , do they serve alchol.

Thanks

I HAVE TRAVELLED WITH THEM TWICE. I THINK ITS A SUPER AIRLINE. BUT YOU HAVE AROUND THREE HOUR WAIT AT DUBAI .INFLIGHT SERVICE IS EXCELLENT. PLENTY OF BOOSE WITHIN REASON

AS LONG AS YOU BEHAVE YOURSELF.HAVE A NICE TRIP .CHEERS

Flash

Tell your friend to join Emirates airmiles scheme. They are tied up with Sri Lankan Airlines too. It's called Skywards. A couple of times there and back gives enough airmiles for a free flight or two, maybe BKK - Maldives. Or BKK - Sing.

I might post a thread about "Airmiles Schemes" in general in the travel section.

quote:

Originally posted by flash:

My friend is flying to Bkk from Manchester in October and he is wondering what they are like .

April 11, 2001, 03:50 PM

DUBAI (AFP)

- Emirates, the ambitious national carrier of the Gulf emirate of Dubai, announced Wednesday it has been voted airline of the year 2001 in a survey presented as the largest ever of its kind.

Singagpore Airlines finished second, Cathay Pacific third, British Airways fourth and Thai Airways fifth.

Skytrax research of Britain carried out the poll over a period of nine months during which 2.7 million votes were submitted.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

That should answer it for you...

very good airline...

Cheers

Roger

[ June 04, 2001: Message edited by: Roger ]

A friend of a friend flies with Emirates ex Manchester to Bangladesh, business class, about 3 times a year. He loves it. They have an Audi A8 limo service to collect you from home etc. Lots of space in business with extra pampering.

Have flown Emirates myself ex Manc via Dubai to BKK. Yeah, new planes, some fine looking stewardesses but they have close competition from some other airlines when it comes to service. On the way out the tv screen on the seat back in front was bust and they seemed uninterested. None of the fabled upgrade-to business-class-in-the-blink-of-an-eye urban myth nonsense. The flight was pretty packed and was in a group of 3. They suggested I move to another seat about 10 rows away. ( I felt pretty peeved especially since when I was a student I used to help guard one of the Makhtoum family's houses near Sunningdale in Berkshire and was paid an absolute pittance by my security company. They had an absolutely gross redbrick mansion built for over £50 million. Decorated in the worst possible taste, late Fergie period I'd say. Nice grounds though.)

They did supply lots of booze, but so do Lufthansa and Air France. The food was tasty but ditto.

Dubai Duty Free was a bit of grot spot last time I went through, although it's been enlarged fairly recently. They have a special draw to win a dream car such as a Porsche 911 inside duty free. Also they have lottery tickets to win £1 million. I think the entry fee is a couple of hundred and they don't sell that many tickets, same with the cars, so the odds are fairly good. One of the more pleasant things about Duty Free was the number of perdy laydeez. I think they were Filipinas as they were pert and sassy with long black hair, little cute faces... Shit, I've gotta get back there. crazy.gif" border="0

definitely, emirates is ok. 3 hour break in dubia is ok too, stretch your legs, talk to a few people. nice looking airport. great airmiles. nice looking stewardesses. used to be Aero Gulf Services, i believe, back in 1980 but the Sheiks never put any money into it till recently. whoever's managing it is doing a nice job. full credit.

Archived