Is it true ?

BadaBing

Beckham flees sex claims storm

Tuesday, April 13, 2004 Posted: 2:39 PM EDT (1839 GMT)

LONDON, England -- David Beckham has returned to Spain amid a media frenzy over the England captain's alleged extramarital affairs.

He trained Tuesday afternoon with his Real Madrid team-mates after an early family celebration of the 30th birthday of his wife, Victoria.

It was not known if Victoria Beckham accompanied her husband on the trip back to Spain.

The pair posed for waiting photographers late on Monday night as they left a restaurant at Claridges hotel in central London, where they had dinner together.

They emerged smiling from the restaurant and appeared determined to give the impression they were a happy couple despite the week-long series of allegations about the footballer's private life.

But they refused to comment beyond a statement they issued earlier yesterday revealing that they had instructed lawyers over the "absurd" claims.

The statement in full said: "This weekend a series of even more absurd and unsubstantiated claims have been published about David and Victoria Beckham.

"The couple continue to dismiss these stories and they will not be commenting upon them further at this time.

"Lawyers have been instructed by David and Victoria concerning these matters."

The couple had been in discussions with his advisers following a week-long series of allegations about his private life.

The statement was issued by 19 management, the agency which represents Victoria, otherwise known as Posh Spice.

Rebecca Loos, the footballer's former PA, is to give a TV interview with Sky One over claims of her affair with Beckham.

Malaysian-born Sarah Marbeck, 29, also alleges that she slept with Beckham.

In a statement released by her lawyer in Australia, Marbeck said she decided to reveal the alleged relationship because she spent two years waiting for the England captain.

"He said he loved me and I slept with the phone by my bed waiting for it to ring.

"Finally, I accepted that my relationship with Beckham was over and I decided to move forward with my life. But in that time my life changed forever, and there is no way back for me."

She claimed not to be a "celebrity seeker" and described herself as being "shocked by the intense level of public interest in my life".

BadayourfriendlyfootballreporterBing

:beer:

Archived