Are These Machines New?

Torneyboy

Had a couple of days in Hua Hin last week and was directed to the post office for fast net access.

There is three banks of ATM looking machines,you buy a card for 100 THB for three hours.

The card is Catnet,also saw some in a nearby mini market/photo shop just up from the Sofitel Hotel.

Nice card ..has the king and Queen on the front.

The machines provided a fast connection,the slope on the screen was the only downside imo.

Are these new to Thailand?

Well those ones have been there for about 2 years. The screens are regular ones set into somekind of muppet-proof box so customers don't fiddle with them. The usual deal is that the ISP provides the machines (usually low cost ones) free in exchange for the vendor (the post office in this case) selling their cards.

No, I think the only ones in HH are in the post office, we have a CS one where I work. The Sofitel should get them IMO ... then maybe they'd stop calling me when a guest wants to use the internet :rolleyes:

Hi

A few doors down from the PO is a mini mart/photo place ...has six machines..i went there as they close at midnight and th PO close at eleven pm.

Talk about the Sofitel...we stayed there and ""the internet"" is in the library...about two doors from our room..424.

I thought wow what luck i will get great access ... :doah:

10 thb per minute...took 7 just to load one page and i need four screens to do what i need..so pulled the plug and asked the desk for ideas and they sent me to the po...on the way back i saw this mini market on same side of the road as the po.

Did not see anyone use the Sofitel machine ::

Archived