Who has experience with rent-car in BKK

I useed Avis at Dong Muang airport: I made reservation thru their European reservation center by telephone (good to mention company or frequent flyer discount number)

They are north in arrivals hall of terminal 2. I asked for some Suziki 4wd, got a free upgrade to a brand new bigger one (Vitara?) Price was around 400 USD all-in (CDW, Taxes) for one week..

I suppose they are not the cheapest, but I am worried all things concerning insurances in Thailand.

I also rented some Susiki 4wd in Pukhet on the beach, you can also do so in Pattaya, 1.000 baht/day. Again I would be worried if something went wrong. It seemed more difficult to find similar service in Bangkok.

Anyone had some adventures out there?

I have used many car rent places over the years, Avis, SMT, Klong Toei car rent and not had a problem with any of them. They all seem to have the right insurances and a resaonably easy to deal with. The big brands, Avis, Hertz are signifacantly more expensive than the local ones but in my veiw don't offer any better service than the local one's, in fact The only bum car I have had was with Avis.

Archived