Pattaya info needed

redmessage

I need some travel info please. I need to travel from BKK to Pattaya and decided to try the a/c bus from the bus station. But where is the bus station? I heard there is one on Sukumvit, but which soi? Also, I am to meet this lady at the “Royal Garden Plaza” to pick up a package for a friend. Is this a hotel? Is it easy to find?

Also, any advice on how best to kill an afternoon and early evening before catching the bus back to BKK? Good king prawns, beer and general release would be preferred? Thanks in advance.

Redman

quote:

Originally posted by redmessage:

I need some travel info please. I need to travel from BKK to Pattaya and decided to try the a/c bus from the bus station. But where is the bus station? I heard there is one on Sukumvit, but which soi? Also, I am to meet this lady at the “Royal Garden Plaza” to pick up a package for a friend. Is this a hotel? Is it easy to find?

Also, any advice on how best to kill an afternoon and early evening before catching the bus back to BKK? Good king prawns, beer and general release would be preferred? Thanks in advance.

Redman

Hi Redmessage,

1) Bus to Pattaya

Depends where you stay in BKK, If you are around Sukhumvit or skytrain somewhere the busstation is at Ekkamai intersection (somewhere at soi 40 level), there is a skytrainstation named Ekkamai.

If you are at the airport, better take a taxi to Mor Chit busstaion(make it clear you want the busstation, they brokr the old Mor Chit down and built a new one, and take abus from there, they cross the city thru the expressway saving time.

2) the Royal Garden Plaza is indeed a top hotel in Pattaya main entrance is on second road, nevertheless adjectant but on Beach road is Roayl Garden Mall, a nice shopping mall attached to the hotel. So make sure the rendezvous is at the hotel lobby (they are guest unfriendly, i hope your female friend will not get in trouble around the lobby)

3) how to kill the afternoon in Pattaya, is this a serious question?, the beach, 1.000 bars and 10.000 ladies???????

Beware, the last bus back to Bangkok is around 9pm I think, please check (for around 1.000 to 1.500 you can get a driver to BKK, depending on your negociating skills.

RED,

If you can afford it you can get a pickup in BKK from a car service based in Pattaya.

900bht plus approx toll fares another 100. (one way)

Ph: 038 428230, the girl speaks good enough english.

I've done the bus trip the opposite way late afternoon and came back that night, wouldn't recommend it to anyone except for those on a very tight budget.

Redmessage,

If you take the Skytrain to Ekkamai you can see the bus station from the platform! It's about 2 minutes away from the Skytrain station.

The aircon bus ticket to Pattaya is 90 baht one-way now, get your ticket from the first booth on the right inside the bus station, clearly marked PATTAYA in English above it!

Whilst Royal Garden Plaza is also a hotel it also commonly refers to the shopping mall of the same name, on Beach Road, the southern end. Unless your friend specifically mentioned that he meant the hotel I would assume it's the shopping mall he's talking about.

If I only had an afternoon I'd go to Soi6 for a ST or a BJ, but that's just me!

Hope this helps.

The Ekkamai bus station or Eastern Bus Terminal is at Soi 40, opposite Soi 63.

The Royal Garden Plaza is the shopping mall. Next door is the Royal Garden Resort, which is a hotel.

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: Paul3456 ]

Archived