"Angkor Journey...." - Agents in Cambodia ????

Hi

Don't know of them.

They should have a license however?

If selling air they will be with IATA the world governing body.

In Oz we also have the TCF...travel compensation fund...if an agent goes belly up you can lodge a claim...um unless they have shot through to Rio with the trust funds :doah:

Check with an agent you know now and maybe they can give some info or a number to call if worried about not getting what you pay for.

Good luck..hope all works out for your trip.

Going with a tour might be a wise decision. I have been their several times. Angkor itself is huge - about 77 square miles. I have been to the Siem Reap area and the north-east area. The northeast area used to be claimed to be one of the highest number of field mines in the world per square mile.

The hardest part about going alone is that you get constantly hit upon by various toots.

I found it to be pretty easy to do it myself. I took the bus, but it is very long and not for the faint of heart. But to fly in on a ticket arranged from any Thai travel agent would be very easy. As far as lodging, it didnt seem to be a problem. Lot of places to stay, both high end and cheaper.

Its not a problem finding a guide, either official ones, or freelancers. I paid a fellow about $25 for 3 days, and that included him taklng be around on his scooter. Yes indeed there are lots of touts, and beggers ect. I was perpared for it. I went to a bank in LOS and got a bag of 1 baht coins. Thats right 1 baht. its a little sack of 100 coins. Then when the kids came around, as they will do I handed these out. Seemed to work fine. sometimes I would give out more, but these coins seemed to be the way to go. Enjoy Ankor, it is truely one of the worlds wonders.

Hi,

Busride not for the faint hearted? You can say that again :)

I recall giving a kid who acted as our self-appointed "guide" a 10 baht coin.

He didn`t want it, only bills. Mayby he was going for a 20 baht :) Well, Up 2 U!

As far as I recall there are no baht coins circulating in Cambo. You can pay in dollars/baht/Riel bills and receive change in a weird mixture of baht and riel. But never any baht coins.

But probably the kids would go to some tourist to have it changed.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Archived