Bangkok airport to Pattaya - by taxi

I will be arriving at Bangkok airport on a Friday afternoon at 3pm and want to go to Pattaya by taxi.

I could take a taxi to somewhere like the Grand President for about 250 baht and hire one of the sharks outside the Grand President for 1200 baht ie a total of 1450 baht (including tollway fees). However, I want to avoid going down Sukhumvit on a Friday at about 4pm.

Has anybody got the telephone number of a firm who will pick me up at the airport and take me straight to Pattaya?

Fatbastard33

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: fatbastard33 ]

Hi Fatbastard,

It easy to find a taxi directly to Pattaya at the airport taxi desk just outside terminal 1 or 2. Tell the clerk (mostly a nice lady) where you want to go, she will find a driver who wants to do the long trip. As for how much, depends on your negociating skills from 1200 baht to 1500, consider petrol prices have increased dramatically last 12 months. Alao consider taking the toll upper highway Bang NaTtrat. I don't know exact price now, can save lots of time not to go over Sukhumvit, certainly a friday afternoon after 3 pm! There is information on companies picking you up on the net, e.g. Thai Airways (and others) do this with limos, see their website, will be way over 2000 baht.

you can call Kittinant tour in Pattaya from home, and they'll be there, so you don't start your trip haggling over taxi fares.

# 661-945 71 49 (owner's cell, good english))

#6638- 428 079 (office)

#6638- 720 275 (fax)

last march, prices were 11 0r 1200, incl. tolls

A taxi outside will go for 1200 if you bargain really hard but he'll bore the pants off you all the way down telling you how little profit he makes every day...I know.

Thai Airways Limo will do it in style for 1,500 if you bargain, or 2,700 round trip.

Hi Fatbastard,

I know a taxi driver who can arrange to pick you up and send you to Pattaya for 1000 Baht.He speaks english well and is an honest fella. Just call him and arrange with him. 01-6204360

Chok Dee

cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

A taxi outside will go for 1200 if you bargain really hard but he'll bore the pants off you all the way down telling you how little profit he makes every day...I know.

Thai Airways Limo will do it in style for 1,500 if you bargain, or 2,700 round trip.

either i sleep or i talk with the taxi driver. Done the trip dozens of times, the guy tells me where he comes from, married, have kids, just little chat, no whining. 2 times, the taxis stopped in a gas station and the drivers got me a soft drink and never wanted money for it. It pays not to stereotype people and start one's trip with an open mind.... I know

Originally posted by pattaya127:

"you can call Kittinant tour in Pattaya from home, and they'll be there, so you don't start your trip haggling over taxi fares.

# 661-945 71 49 (owner's cell, good english))

#6638- 428 079 (office)

#6638- 720 275 (fax)

last march, prices were 11 0r 1200, incl."

Gave them a ring, 1100 baht including tollway charges, I'll most probably take it up. In fact for an extra 300 baht they will take my little cutie from Pattaya to the airport to meet me and then take us both to Pattaya.

Many thanks for the help.

Fatbastard33

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

Even lower if you REALLY bargain. I got a cab to Ekamai bus station one time, and the driver asked it he could drive me to pattata for 1100B. I said no, and he came down to 1000. Then 900. Then finally 800. Still said no, but it was interesting that he would bother for that much.

I don't think getting 1200 is that hard with the standard taxis. Just start at 1000 and hold firm, coming up at the last moment so they can save face.

Archived