Thailand custody law?

svolter

I am soon to marry my TG but before I take the big step I need some info about Thailand child custody law, or what the correct english term is :-)

She has two kids, one 4 years old that she is taking care off and one 2 years old that the father's parents has.

She like to take the older one with her to Sweden. She tells me that there is no problem. But I am not so sure.

The father and she was married but not by law. (You know...never registered the marrige)

In Sweden if you are married both get custody, but if you not married you have to say to the officals who's the father and that you like equal custody to both father and mother. If you don't the mother gets full custody. How does it work in Thailand?

Has somebody some experience with this. What the law etc in Thailand say's. Can the father say no and stop her?

In this case has the both the father and mother custody?

Thanks

/Sven

crazy.gif" border="0

Hi Sven

Yes the father can stop this.

But the mother can go to thai authorities and if she can prove that the father can't be reached, that she all the time been taking care of the child without support of the father; then she can get a paper proving that she has the right to take out the child from Thailand. Else no passport.

You also need this paper in Sweden else the tax authority not give the child a social number even if Migrationsverket already gave permission to stay in Sweden.

elef

Hi Elef

Thanks for the reply.

I just talked with my TG and she said that it was a little problem at the passport officials. They asked about the father but after telling her the situation they said ok. The passport is to pick up in a week. Of course they can change there minds before then....

But I told her that she must get a official papper that states her with full custody. Other officials don't care much about what you say. They like it black on white on paper.

/Thanks

Sven smile.gif" border="0

Archived