pattaya immigration office

Anyone know where this is situated and if I could apply for a 30 day extention and then a further 12 day ext from this office. I need altogether 92 day stay in Thailand and have a U.K 30 day visitor visa at the moment. cheers all. crazy.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by turtle3:

Anyone know where this is situated and if I could apply for a 30 day extention and then a further 12 day ext from this office. I need altogether 92 day stay in Thailand and have a U.K 30 day visitor visa at the moment. cheers all.
crazy.gif" border="0

Soi 8. you enter from Beach Rd, then the first street on your left and the office is in the outer yard. you will only get 10 days extension on a 30 days visa. Sorry

the quickest way would be to get one of the one-day Pattaya to Cambodia ride-services offered around the city (soi P.O.,Pattyamail add), but you will get only another 30, so that after 2 border trips, you will still be short of 12 days on terminating your trip legally. You can try to just do that and pay 12 days fine at the airport, but nobody advises this anymore. You could explain your quandary to the immigration officer and showing your return date, but really not sure they oblige too. you could also fly and visit Pnom penh or Vientiane, or Yangoon, spend 48 hours over there,the time it takes to obtain a 60 day from thai embassies over there as the more costly but hassle free alternative

quote:

You could explain your quandary to the immigration officer and showing your return date, but really not sure they oblige too.

That's right, they don't need you spending all your foreign currency in Thailand. Maybe the multi trillion baht debt will just go away by itself...

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

That's right, they don't need you spending all your foreign currency in Thailand. Maybe the multi trillion baht debt will just go away by itself...

Stump, i read a couple of your posts today, maybe you are posing, but you sound rather condescending towards thai people (taxi-driver, visa officers,maybe more). I do not think you have much experience of dealing with thai immigration offices.

quote:

Stump, i read a couple of your posts today, maybe you are posing, but you sound rather condescending towards thai people (taxi-driver, visa officers,maybe more). I do not think you have much experience of dealing with thai immigration offices.

Pattaya127, you misunderstand me. I just see the irony in things sometimes.

Actually, it's funny how we rage about many things thai after the fact, but take it in stride when they happen. we just don't speak enough of the good things thais do. Last Jan. i ran out of gas going up doi Suthep (imagine!), the first thai who came by tried to siphon gas out of his tank, but the makeshift tube could not make it, so the next one stopped, went up to Suthep and brought me back a liter of fuel, and would not take my money. The "ordeal" lasted 15 minutes. I LOVE THAILAND

quote:

Originally posted by turtle3:

sorry!! I meant that I have a 60 day tourist visa, would this be ok, thanks for the reply. cheers

you are ok,your extension will be 30 days, and you will be only 2 days short, no big deal,it's 200 for each extra day when you get thru the airport customs.

After the 30 day extension you can get another 10 days should you decide you want to stay longer than only 2 more.

Flights may be booked, cancelled or you're just sanuking too much to want to leave!

Archived