INFO WANTED: Poi Pet and thais entering

Hi...... just a quick attempt at getting some needed info for my visa run tommorow.

Doing the usual; getting my 3 monthly stamp on my non-immigrant B at PoiPet. Though, am considering taking a thai female friend with me to have a look.

Now, I know that thais don't pay the 1000 baht Cambodian visa entry but do they need a passport? Or can they simply just use their ID Card??

btw, only will be spending a couple of hours on the other side..

any info appreciated.

cheers,

dan

============================

Hi...just back from that Cambodian border town of dusty little children again, and just for reference's sake I will answer my own question.

If you ask the Cambodian policeman nicely on the border bridge at RongKlua/PoiPet and inform them that you will only be gone an hour or more they will let thais go through with no passport/id card/questions etc...

Coming back into the LOS is also no question. No one cares or even notices. I would've thought it should be the other way around. What's to stop hordes of Cambodians walking through to Thailand and not coming back? Nothing!... amazing. The only deterrent is the immigration police presence that ramdomly boards the trains and the buses en-route back to Bangkok.

Cheers,

Dan

=============================

Archived