What do the Poms do in the summer ?

gobbledonk

Cmon, Carew - as much as I'd like to believe that excessive wanking is confined to the British Isles, personal experience has indicated otherwise. If it were elevated to the level of a paid spectator sport, some of our pollies would be world champions.

Guest lazyphil

Summer here can be hit and miss--but I assure you that we value hot balmy days more than you in QL which you take for granted year round. Theres nothing quite like sitting in a riverside pub beer garden till it gets dark at 10pm with a pint of best and a packet of pork scratchings. Summer days here are very special you simply will never understand this!

Phil,

By contrast, we value *Winter* here in CQ - today, for example, is 29 deg C, after the mercury plummeted to *11* last nite ! Our minima are often higher than Canberra's maxima :)

Enjoy it while it lasts, Phil. At least when you go to Asia at the end of the year, it is a relief from the bitter cold of Winter : for me, its just swapping a dry heat for a more humid version. At least the next 3 months will be nice before Huey turns the furnace on again.

My dream is to have a Summer residence in NZ and a Winter palace in Port Douglas.

Reminds me of my favourite childhood joke:

What do Jews do when it's cold?

Sit round a candle

What do they do when it's very cold?

Light it

Not very PC, I know (and I haven't heard it in a long time). But I just loved it for the surprise and ridiculous mental picture.

Archived