oneway

I am going to be flying into bangkok with a one way ticket. Will I have any problems with

getting a visa and if so should I try to get one before I leave canada.

Thanks for the help.

No problem to get the 30 day visa at the airport. HOWEVER....usually major problem to get on the plane! Airlines are required to cover the expenses of returning passengers that are refused entry so most refuse to allow you to board without an ongoing ticket. A few years ago it was no problem if you already had a visa in your passport, but that changed recently as well. I got jammed up a couple of years ago goin one way to Bangkok where my employer was to meet me with tickets etc. for a business trip to China. Despite Official letters, Visa to both Thailand and China in my passport, a lots of documentation, the Airline absolutely refused to let me board in Canada without an ongoing ticket. Ended up getting a oneway from ChiangMai to Kunming, just to satisfy their paranoid rules.Be warned. Have a great trip.

I fly regularly from Australia to BKK on the return half of a ticket originating in BKK, so technically it's the same as a one way ticket. The airline (Malaysian) insist I have a visa every time now because I have no onward ticket, but once they sight the visa no problem. I get the visa anyway because I stay several months, but I guess it's a hassle if you're staying less than 30 days.

I once flew in from Delhi with Aeroflot on a one way ticket without a visa and I didn't have any trouble.

Someone posted on the old board that officially if you haven't got an onward ticket even with a visa, you are breaking the rules. He could well be right and I've just been lucky all these years.

If its convenient for you to get a visa, then do it. If not, up to you.

I think it all depends on the bureaucrat at check in. No problems once you get to BKK airport.... usually??

Good luck, mate.

Archived