Fortuna Bangkok

trooper

Anyone stayed in this hotel? Is this hotel guestfriendly if I book a single room? How is the swimming pool? I'm trying to decide where to stay on the next trip and would love the location of this hotel and even the price doesn't feel too steep by Bangkok standards.

>Forget this hotel! The swimming pool is a dump. 90% of the guests are Japanese by the way. There are so many other hotels in Bangkok. Choose another one.

Walked past the establishment many times, never have stayed there, it looks like a dump. Bunker windows.

Pick some other place. Within that price range, Nana hotel is better.

I have to disagree with DidierH----, I have stayed at the Fortuna many times, have always had a clean, and fairly well appointed room and found the pool to well kept, though on the small side. Some of the rooms in the back are a bit small, so ask to see the room first. They raised the rate from B1000 to B1200 this year, but they will throw in the buffet breakfast, nothing special but enough items to choose from. The location is great for Sanuk. No problems with Guest. They will ask for a girls ID at night unless she is a regular guest of yours, then they will leave her alone.

They always seem to have vacancies so you needn't reserve in advance, check it out and see what you think.

David

"Pick some other place. Within that price range, Nana hotel is better."

I've stayed in the Nana and really it wasn't worth the money. The room was really worn out and I wouldn't swim in that swimming pool. Ok I've heard they have a new pool (?). Ruamchit Plaza was ok same as Park Hotel but they both charge a joiner fee.

Archived