Visa Paperwork Translation

Hi all...was wondering if anybody knows of somewhere in Bangkok my girl can get USA Visa Paperwork translated to Thai so she can fill out for reasonable price? Or place that will actually help her fill it out? Preferably some old lady,not one of you young studs smile.gif" border="0 She has asked around at e-mail shops but not any good english readers/translators available there..I would think there has to be SOMEWHERE that will help her..She lives in Pratunam area so if you know of anything close would be great. Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated !

Thanx BillyB

Billy B -- Here is the address of the visa page for the US Embassy in Bangkok: http://usa.or.th/services/visa/visa.htm

I believe the US Embassy only accepts visa applications written in English. However, there is a Thai version available to download on the website as well as the English language version. Have her download the Thai application and fill it out in Thai, then bring it to a translation shop and have it translated onto the English version. I believe the Thai version is also available at the Embassy in Bangkok.

There are translation shops near the Embassy and I think they can provide this service. Can't say for sure because I have never used any of them, however my wife was directed to go there by Embassy personel if she needed a translation, so, I guess, their work is acceptable.

When she goes to the Embassy to submit the application she should go with someone who can speak and write English, in order to make corrections on the application while she is there or she will have to come back with the corrected application at another time.

You didn't mention what type of visa your g/f is applying for but last year my wife and I went through the fiance visa application process and it was a ball buster. If you keep at it eventually this type of application will be approved.

Archived