Any Areoplane Techys here to answer this please?

Guest baldrick

The Airbus A380 is potentially a magnificent aircraft... but with all those passengers and the increased security checks at check-in how many will take off on time?

One late passenger could delay 500+ .... especially if they decide to off-load their baggage. :(

Are those new Airbus A380's flying routes yet?

I think in 2006. Qantas will be the launching airline. Not flying yet.

Hi TTM,

I think the first test-flight is 2006, and entering commercial service 2008. I was under the impression that Qatar Airways is going to be the first commercial customer to receive one, but you may be in right in saying Qantas.

I am surprised Richard Branson hasn't "arranged" for Virgin Atlantic to be the first - I know they've ordered some - and he'd love that sort of publicity.

Fly P.

Seems like we're both off the mark!

Just found this on the web...

With orders and options from nine world-renowned customers (Air France, Emirates (the first customer), Federal Express (the cargo model launch customer), International Lease Finance Corporation, Lufthansa, Qantas, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, and Virgin Atlantic), the Airbus A380 was officially launched on December 19, 2000, and production started on January 23, 2002. More airlines have placed orders since. The out of sequence A380 designation was chosen as the "8" represents the twin decks. The first flight is scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2004, and the entry into commercial service, with Singapore Airlines, is scheduled for March 2006.

So launch customer was Emirates and first delivery to Singapore Airlines. 2006!

lazyphil almost said:

How many gallons of fuel does a Boeing 747/400 passenger use in a journey, lets say from London to Bangkok? Thanks!

London to Bangkok? Hmmn, I usually get through at least one bottle of red wine and about 10 wee tins of beer during take-off, meal and movie, then nip to the bog while all the other jokers are crashed out :sleeping: to suck off my duty free Johnny Walker :beer: and drop a couple of "jellies" to put my lights out till landing. :up:

Hope that's helpful. :)

jack :help:

Archived