Post bond for TG tourist visa to US ?

I have heard from some Thai friends who have visited the US that if you are willing to post a bond that you could get a tourist visa. I heard the figure of $20,000 or so. Has anyone heard this? I am trying to get my TG to the states as soon as possible for a visit. She is of course single and very attractive. Owns her own condo but nothing expensive. Doesn't have a big wealthy family or large sum in her checking account. In other words I don't think she has enough to show a good reason why she will return. Any ideas or advice?

[ August 10, 2001: Message edited by: mapper ]

I really don't think this is possible. In reading all the immigration, discussion and newsgroups dealing with immigration over the last couple of years, I've never run across the idea of posting a bond for someone who would otherwise be ineligible for a visitor's or tourist visa. Maybe you need to recheck your source of information.

I got US visa for a year, and very easy.(I'm a Thai girl,single)just show them where I work ,how much I have earn, my bank account(less than 5000 Usd. frown.gif" border="0)its easyer if your gf's have been travel abroad, if she have a good job it's a privillage.They may ask your gf for an interview but just where you going to stay? how many days? etc..

good luck

Hi oo7, Welcome to the board!! A question or two about your visa. Did you come to th US for a holiday, or did you work or go to school. How were you treated at the US Embassy when you applied for your visa? Finally, are you a university graduate? From experience, I know getting a tourist visa is not easy. You have to show compelling reasons why you wil return to Thailand, such as good job, ownership of property, and old money in the bank. Apparently you convinced the consular officer you would return to LOS, although many people are rejected when applying for this visa. Glad you got to see the states. Come back again, we need more pretty women here. smile.gif" border="0

I went to USA for holidays,a woman there who interview me is nice and polited.I am a university graduated but I did not own any property. They give me a year and multiple enties.All my co worker whom been in US before said that if you get a year visa at first you will get 10 years visa next time(you can only stay up to 6 six months each time anyway)

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies. I've been hearing on this board how difficult it can be to get a visa. While at the same time I have heard from some women that there girlfriends have been getting visas without too much difficulty. My girlfriend is 30 years old, has a four year degree, A sales manager for 5 years at a specialty retail store, and owns a small condo, and her own car. She told me she was worried about her checking account not having enough money in it. Anyone have an idea what the embassy considers a sufficient amount? Also she has never been married, is quite attractive but definately doesn't look like BG. She always appears in a suit and looks quite professional. She wants me to go to the embassy with her. Would this be a detriment? I am seriously considering a fiancee visa but would like her to visit me for a while in the USA first. Mapper

Based on the qualifications you have stated about your GF, I think she would have a MUCH better chance of getting the visa. It would probably help if the owner of the business she manages writes a letter stating her position and her tenure on the job. Sure wouldn't hurt. A far as you going to the embassy with her, I'm no sure that would help or hinder. I do know if an American fiance goes with his Thai GF when she has her K-1 interview it doesn't hurt at all. If I may ask, why bring her here on a tourist visa first and then later on a K-1? If your thinking to see if she could adjust to living in the states, I don't think you would get a definitive answer to that because the situations are almost completely different. If you did file for a fiance visa and it was approved, you have 90 days from the time of her arrival in the US to marry. If something came up and you realized it would not work during these 90 days, she could return to LOS. There is however one downside to this senario. If YOU send her back, she will in most cases be shunned by her family. Why? Because she failed to prove to you she would be a good wife and this would make her and her family lose face to their friends and family. TIT smile.gif" border="0 Good luck in whatever you do. Ask all the questions you need of us, there is no such a thing as a dumb question when dealing with immigration, the INS, or the consular section of the US Embassy. Believe us, we faced the same questions when we decided to "jump in" and bring a GF here to the states to marry, some with good results, some not so good. If the end result is longterm success, you've beaten the odds. If it fails, at least you tried, you had the balls to do something a lot of people just talk about doing but never had the @#$%^& to do. smile.gif" border="0 HSTEACH

HSTEACH,

Thanks for the info. I do want to bring her to the states with the intention of keeping her forever. Based on everything I have read on the board I get the impresion I have found a really great woman. I am most concerned about the possibility of it not working and what it would do to her. As far as her family it would not be a huge embarassment as she lives in Bangkok and they live somewhere I can't spell 300 miles north. She left to go to college when she was 19 and has been quite independant ever since. I do worry about her losing face with her friends though as she has been quite excited and telling everyone she knows about me and our relationship. She seems to be quite westernized in the ways she thinks about some things. Her family would be happy if she married an American as they have an Aunt who is in the states and very happily married. The family seems to be comfortable as far as money goes. Retired civil servant and soon to retire mother who is a school teacher.

I guess the reason I want the tourist visa is I can get it quicker. I beleive the fiancee visa is going to take 4-6 months. I want to wait to apply for that after spending a month with her in October. Just to be sure. Oh yes...any idea what would be considered a comfortable amount of money for her to have in her bank account from the INS point of view to obtain a tourist visa? Thanks smile.gif" border="0

As far as how much money is necessary, I don't have a clue. On a technical note, you said money required by the INS. The consular section of the Dept. of State is the agency responsible for issueing visas. The INS, in the case of the K-1 visa, only declares you the petitioner fit and that declaration allows the fiance, ie., the TG to be able to apply for the fiance visa. The State Department tho determines IF she actually gets the visa. The INS has nothing to do with the actual issuence of visas. It sounds confusing, but if you read it several times, you'll understand.

Archived