Driving in LOS

I will be driving my Thai girlfriends car during my next visit to LOS. I hold a UK driving licence. Is this sufficient or is an international licence required?. What are the insurance implications?

I am quite sure you do need an international driving licence, easily purchased from your automobile club. Call your credit card Co, and make sure the card you will use pinches insurance for car rental. Gold, Platinum all do. Go with reliable car rentals, there is almost no difference in price between the big names and the local ones. 1500 a day, should include insurance too, actually.

• 2 weeks later...

YES! You'll need an Int'l drivers license or a Thai license... Most Thai police have never seen a US or Eurpoean license.. so, for all he knows it is entirely possible that you're showing him your stupid blockbuser video card...

Be safe.. get a Int'l license or (if you qualify) get Thai license..

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0

Boy lucky me. Every time I go and vist bkk. I just get in what ever car and drive. Only got pull over once and play dumb to the officer. Not rental of course, friends car.

All--

Doesn't everyone find driving in BKK a "liberating" experience...

In the US, driving is sooo confined and restricted... I mean you have to stay within YOUR lane... You have to stop at EVERY red light... You have to MERGE and YIELD the right-of-way...

That's why I love BKK driving... it's so.... liberating.... LOL

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived