Euro 2004 Predictor..something for the weekend

Bhat_Man

Zaad is very quiet......

are you there Zaad?....... :neener:

bit of a shock really,Greece never winning a Game in an International Tournament in all their history before today.

i have to agree with the comments about Figo,he seemed very disinterested in the game very quickly.

things didn't go his way and i thought that he felt he should of been given special treatment because of who he is.

i think it was a mistake not to start Deco from the start in his home stadium.

he would have been up for it a lot more than other Players.

and why play just Pauletta upfront?.

your at home,favourites to win the Game and you decide to be cautious and flood the Midfield.......

:doah:

i have to agree with Bibblies about Ronaldo.

he was beating Players and getting the ball into the box,what more can be asked of him?.

that is his role in the Team and not his fault if his fellow Team members cannot be bothered to get into the attacking areas.

i thought it was a harsh Penalty against Ronaldo,he was just running back and made no attempt to tackle the Greek Player.

but he got a Goal and i was surprised.

his last 2 Goals for Portugal and MU have been with his head.

wonders will never cease.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with the comments here.

Although I'm happy with Scolari as manager I was a bit surprised with the team. Had hoped to see more players in form from Porto and of course at least two real strikers instead of a bunch of attacking midfielders (simao, figo, rui costa, maniche ...)

Greek played well and deserve credit, Penalty was deserved, bit unlucky for Ronaldo. Don't think it was intended...

Still possible, but need 2 wins of 2 games now. 1 draw will likely mean the end and still need to face Spain. Russia should be in the bag, but after the loss versus Greece...anything's possible.

I think (hope) the late goal against Greece released their stress somewhat. All I can do is pray now.

Really looking forward to France-England tonight.

4 points might be enough for Portugal to get through. They will have to show huge improvment,neither Spain or Russia look easy. I felt sorry for Ronaldo. He kept giving it 100%, produced several crosses but no one was coming in at the far post. Overall Greece were far more up for it than Portugal.

• 4 weeks later...

time to re-activate this thread.

CBK was the nearest with his Finalists...Portugal v Czech Republic.

France,England,Italy and Germany were mentioned by many Members,but who would have thought of little ol' Greece winning?.

i think in the next WC there will be many European Teams who will have many new Squad Members and unrecognisable from this Tournament.

Archived