Personal Protection Firearms

Sporty

quote:

Originally posted by LaoHuLi:

Not possible for non Thais. (well almost, I know of one or two legal ones in Thailand, but even they don't get to carry). Foreign police get a special permit. A few heavyweight Thais carry, but have very powerful police and Army connections. Wouldn't want to get caught armed here by the local cops or military. They will definately play nasty.

You can say that again. A couple of years back I stayed with a bar owner in Phuket. The guy next door was a european and he smoked a lot of grass in his room. He got turned in by a girl, and at 6 am a special drug task force from Phuket consisting of 10 officers in civilian clothes knocked at his door and subsequently at ours as they probably had been told that we were aquainted.

My GF was very upset when they started to search the room, and whileas I also found it very annoying to be woken at this ungodly hour and being forced out of bed, there wasn`t anything to worry about.

And sure enough the police left without finding anything to my GF`s great relief I suddenly noticed. And understandingly so, because she kept a piece hidden in the wall and she had bought it from a cop a couple of months earlier. As of luck they didn`t find it. No doubt that we would both have had to do hard time, had they found it.

The guy next door wasn`t quite as lucky. They found 2 grammes of grass in his room and he was later sentenced to 4 months in jail for possession. We got him a lawyer however, who got him out in 3 days. The fine he had to pay was only some 1.500 Bht., but the lawyer charged him close to 100.000 bht.

Not possible for non Thais. (well almost, I know of one or two legal ones in Thailand, but even they don't get to carry). Foreign police get a special permit. A few heavyweight Thais carry, but have very powerful police and Army connections. Wouldn't want to get caught armed here by the local cops or military. They will definately play nasty.

Archived