My Visa Options?

zanemay

My situation is straight forward. I am 56 years old and retired, but do not receive a pension at this point. My income is mainly from a few rental properties in the U.S. I do not want to work in Thailand.

I want the longest term visa possible. People talk about "1 year multiple entry" visas. Is this available to me.

I have asked about a retirement visa but did not understand the answer exactly. I have more than enough income from rent to meet requirement, however I think they want guaranteed income from pension?? They told me in Pattaya to go to US Embassy in Bangkok and have my pension verified. Can the embassy verify my rental income to fulfill Thai requirement?

I have been told I can put 800,000 baht in a Thai bank to fulfill the requirement and take it out when I have visa?

I have been told to go to some guy in Pattaya and pay him for visa. How much and how long and is this a legitimate option?

Thank you neung loy percent,

Zane May

Hi Zane ;

I'm not an expert on this , but when you ask the embassy about verifying your rental income , I would think they will tell you to get your past IRS forms reporting it as income to the good ole IRS. If your not filing tax returns in USA , you may be out of luck on that. I'm just guessing on this , others may have better info for you on past experience.

Good Luck

BadaBing

Zane,

depends on which "guy" in Pattaya you've been told to go to. There are legitimate visa companies that you can get legitimate visas through IF your circumstances warrant it.

The best known is MJ Enterprises on Soi Chaiyapoon (apologies to the moderator if I'm not allowed to advertise.

They should at least give you a free consultation and look at your circumstances, papers etc. and advise you on the feasability of a retirement visa or any other option.

As far as I'm aware you need a "guaranteed income" although whether this can be from a non pension source I don't know.

Good luck.

Archived