Double entry Tourist Visa

Performer

Has anyone else been in this situation. I would welcome your comments and experiences.

First of all I should say that I am a British passport holder. I have a double entry tourist visa which was valid for 2 months. I understood this to mean that I could enter the country twice without having to obtain another visa.

After the two month period, I had not left the country, and I applied for and received a 1 month extension giving a total of 3 months stay in Thailand.

When I got the extension at the Immigration Dept, I enquired about what would happen at the end of the 1 month extension if I wanted to stay longer. I was told that I would have to leave the country however, as I had a double entry tourist visa, I would be given another 2 months entry stamp upon arrival which again could be extended for another 1 month. In other words, the double entry tourist entry would allow me to stay in Thailand for a total of 6 months only having to leave the coutry once during that time.

Is this correct? Has anyone else had experience with a double entry tourist visa?

Performer

You are correct! I arrived in Thailand with a double entry visa. I extended for a month making 3 months stay. Crossed the border and returned using my second visa and extended it as the first time. Thus making me stay 6 months.

Yes, correct but make sure the "this visa must be utilized by ..." date is SIX months after issue so that you have enough time to activate both entries - you must leave and re-enter before that date. In a post a few weeks ago I related my mate's experiences. The consulate had put a 3 months utilization date on his double entry visa, instead of 6 months. He got his first entry extended no worries, but when he went to the Cambodian border for a visa run his utilization by date had expired, so his second entry visa was useless. From responses to that post this mistake is not infrequent when careless consulate staff stamp the single entry tourist visa utilization date on a double entry visa. Check when you pick up your passport.

Good luck, mate.

Performer

Last year the Royal Thai Consul in B'ham issued me with a 4 entry 6 month Tourist Visa.

They may still be doing that.

Good advice from the above posts.

Sorry, I no longer have their phone number if yr back in Blighty.

regards,

blackie

You CAN make 2 entries on a 3 month visa. You just have to leave and return before the 3 months is up. If you get a 6 month visa get a 3 entry and you'll be good for 9 months in LOS. tongue.gif" border="0

Thanks guys for all the advice.

I just checked my passport and the visa is valid until 25th Jan, 2002 so I will be OK for this next visa run. It also says the No. of Entries is "D". I presume this means Double - ie. 2 entries into Thailand. So after my 2nd entry, I have 3 months and then will have to leave and apply for a new visa at a consolate or embasy outside Thailand.

Thanks again guys,

Performer

Has it gotten any harder during recent months to get repeat multiple-entry tourist visas? I had heard previously that the Thai government was going to be more strict about repeat tourist visas and heard scattered reports of folks getting denied due to having too many visa stamps.

I'm interested in making the jump to LOS soon and would appreciate any information, thanks!

Tom,

I just rec'd my 3rd, double entry tourist visa thru a visa co. No probs there and it was issued in Penang.

Performer, never seen the letter "D", it usually says 1,2,3 or 4.

Where was your visa issued?

"Double entry tourist visa"??!!

I didn't know a special visa was needed for this. In fact last trip I did several double entries without!

If you choose to give all three holes a try, is special "triple entry" visa required or can you use one double and one single??

smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Big Kev:

"Double entry tourist visa"??!!

If you choose to give all three holes a try, is special "triple entry" visa required or can you use one double and one single??

smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

No, none required, Big Kev, so long as your PeePee (pp? ... passport, of course) is not past its use by date!

smile.gif" border="0

Archived