Visas for Thais

Anyone know if Thais can go to any countries outside of Asia without having to get a visa?

My wife is Thai, living in England and she has an 'indefinate leave to remain in the U.K' stamp in her passport.

Prof Biggy--

As with ALL countries (US included), the visa requirement is based on the passport/citizenship the applicant holds, NOT where the applicant actually resides or where they apply.

Example: Thais (except diplomatic and official passports) must have US entry visas irregardless where they live, where they fly into the US from or other factors.

With that said, I will note that how "difficult" the visa process is varies WIDELY from diplomatic post to post worldwide.

Therefore, while a person may NEED a visa to get into the US how DIFFICULT it is to get that visa (paperwork, evidence, interviews, etc) will vary WIDELY based on the country of application and the visa problems at that specific office.

I know (from experience) that all US diplomatic posts in Mexico (Tijuana, Ciudad Juarez, etc.) look hard at all officially issued documents as document falsification/fraud is rampant within that specific jusrisdiction.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

Archived