Visa For BG place of employment

When filling out visa paper work how will INS view (place of employment) as g-spot or the doll house.Is there an alternative answer to that question that can be put on the visa app?Also once paper work has been turned in how long before the visa is issued?

done this myself. simply fill-in 'dress-maker', food stall owner, ect. the tactic that works best is using something that is not easily traced as a source of income.

make sure to coach her for the interview. laugh.gif" border="0

hope this helps

Play devil's advocate with yourself and your gf by putting yourself in the position of an immigration officer at the Bangkok embassy, who's determined to find holes in your dressmaker, food seller etc story. (good covers btw without a paper trail). Used something similar for my gf successfully. Think of as many awkward questions as you can, then cover them.

Good luck, mate.

I'm assuming you're talking about a K-1 visa. As long as she doesn't list her occupation as anything having to do with the "nightlife" industry in Thailand, you should be OK. Word of warning though, DON'T say she worked at a job that could be verified by the embassy. As a general rule, applicants for the K-1 are not grilled by the consular section unless they have suspicions the paperwork is false. If you firmly establish your relationship is genuine and she presents herself well at the interview, you should have zero problems. One suggestion though, make sure all paperwork is in order and well organized. Correction to a post above. The first step, submitting the I-129F petition, is approved by the INS. The second step, the issuance of the actual visa, is handled by the consular section of the US Embassy in Bangkok. The consular section is part of the US State Department.

You might consider putting down self-employed. Some of the Thai girls work as independent sellers of cosmetics, T-shirts, etc.

After you send in the application, you should hear in about a month that it was received and approval may take two to three months. Approval means that State Department okays her-now it is up to American Embassy in Thailand to decide whether to grant a visa.

Don't be honest! If you say that she is or was a BG, then the visa will not be granted. These are beauracrats, they just want to see that the correct forms are filled out correctly. Of course they know that many applicants are BG's, but if it is down on paper, then they are obligated to reject the application.

Bibbles,

If I remember correctly such INS imigration and citizenship forms contain such questions as;

Do you now or have you ever used illegal drugs?

Are you now or have you ever been engaged in prositution?

Are you now or have you ever been a member of the communist party?!

If you were to answer yes to any of these obviously rigged questions then "Honesty wouldn't be the best policy."

Archived