double entry tourist visa

I have heard reports of people getting a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane. I went to the information counter and was told they do not issue them; only single entry. There is a shady figure sitting at a desk outside (not an employee of the embassy so I question his reliability) who says he can provide one for 4000+ baht. Can someone provide any specifics on how to get a double entry?

Sanity check: my understanding is a single entry visa means you can stay in thailand 60 days & extend another 30. A double means you then cross the border, return and get another 60 days & extend another 30.

Your sane enough but I don't know about the double entry tourist visa in Vientiane, the time I went was for my second entry.

I do now I've been refused a double entry in the embassy in Manila.

Let's know how you get on with the shady guy outside the Embassy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Embassy is in Makati and was easy to find. The taxi driver knew it straight off although I can't remember the name of the road, he called it Thai Embassy Street!!

They told me I didn't need a double entry as I could get an exit / re-etry at immigration in Thailand.

In all the time I've been in LOS I've never heard of this being possible on a single entry tourist visa, only on 1 year 'O' and Work permits. When I challenged what he said he lost all ability to understand English.

It didn't really bother me as I was leaving LOS 4 months later to apply for a one year 'B' in England.

If you really want the multi entry and they tell you the same I'd ask to see someone more senior.

It might be an idea to check out the websites and print out visa application rules to challenge the validity of their story.

Manila embassy is on Rada, which is off Del La Rosa - if you get to the Landmark (dept store) in Makati you will find a raised walkway that is signposted for Del la Rosa and if you keep on this you will see Rada st on your left after walking for ten to fifteen minutes. Not many people there when I went and next day service. Don't know about the double entry, though.

Archived