Connecting 2 routers-Wireless to ADSL modem - Help

BaronTT

I currently have an ADSL modem/router (with one LAN connection), one end connected to the phone line and the other end connected to an Ethernet port on my PC. I want to stop using the Ethernet port and instead, add a wireless Access Point/Router 'between' the ADSL modem/router and my PC(s).

Hopefully, several PCs will then be able to connect to the internet through that WAP.

This normally should be simple, but in this case, both the modem and the WAP have built-in routers.

So my questions are: is my desired setup doable? If so, how to configure?

yes doable

the short of it is you just connect your wireless router to your adsl modem and configure the wireless router the same way you configured the network card in your computer. So if you had a static IP you configure the static IP, if you used PPOE you just configure the wireless router to do PPOE....

The ADSL modem/router is using PPOE.

What you suggest is really simple and I'm a bit surprised it's that easy.

For example, I WAS trying to configure an Adhoc wireless connection between 2 PCs, one of which had the Ethernet connection to the ADSL Router/Modem, and I had a lot of problems doing it. I got it to work at one time. Then it died, probably because of an insufficient signal (over only 40 feet or so!), and I later tried many things but couldn't ever get it to work again.

Terima kasih banyak.

Archived