to disclose or not?

Old hippie / HSTEACH--

Sure the fact that she was issued a K-1 and returned to BKK without an overstay would "help" her case for a B-1/B-2 tourist visa.. however, this alone won't suffice the "compelling ties" test and she will still be required to show job/money/house/family/etc..

I've seen ladies (not girls, but ladies) get rejected even though they have stamps showing travel to europe/asia and even Australasia..

This is NOT meant to say that a un-successful K-1 entry (& return) won't HELP her case for a B-1/B-2, but is meant to say that it will still be hard..

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: We have managers in our office... thai ladies, married with 3 kids, house in BKK suburbs, second vacation house in Phuket, univ. degree, the whole "9-yards" and still had to show up and interview just like everyone else..

I've known guys that have gotten K1's for girls that did more than a 'stint' as bar girl. Most important: make sure you're stories are consistent - they WILL be looking for that, stick to your guns and admit nothing. You should have no problem.

worldwalker--

Fundmentally that is what the staff will be looking for... everyone I know that has been successful with the K-1 has spent a fair amount of "prep" time themselves and (more importantly IMHO) with their girls making sure the story is solid (no holes) and sounds legit and "flows" well..

--UPSer

PS: I know of only 2 people who have been denied their K-1's at the embassy.. One totally goofed and did his BKK packet all wrong.. the other one (his GF) said something that obviously was not supposed to come out.. denied.

Archived