Spasso, CM2, Angels last Sunday

Last Sunday night decided to check out the high-end discos just to be perverse. I was not very impressed, but maybe Sundays just are not a good days in these spots.

Went to Spasso (at hotel Hyatt Erawan) about 11pm. No cover and I was just waved in, since my outfit was in line with the dress code posted outside. Suprisingly small place and not much of a crowd. The band was playing, but I cannot say I appreciated their style of music. Thankfully the volume was bearable. Spotted one Thai model type: she was a looker, if you like that style, but also a definite ice princess. She was sitting in a table with a black guy and two other nice-looking Thai girls. The others were drinking and dancing, but the ice princess was just looking bland and sipping her orange juice (?) very slowly - mai sanuk. The other talent was not anything special, and the drinks were quite expensive (gin tonic 391 B after all the service charges). Next stop CM2.

I arrived in CM2 a bit before midnight. I was required to show passport at the entrance, and pay cover (220B) at the door. That was good for a 170B refund with the first drink. That made a Heineken cost 210B. The band was playing, and the volume was insanely loud and I started getting a headache in ten minutes. It was so bad that I was barely able to finish my beer. The place was huge, as always. One novelty was the bunch of pool tables they had installed at the back; those had not been there when I last visited more than a year ago. The place was not packed, but plenty more people than in Spasso. The talent did not look that impressive. The Russian hookers were much in evidence although a minority. One suprise was running across one babe from Biergarten Soi 7. She wore a very nice dress, and she looks very nice even without it, but clearly CM2 does not necessarily offer anything special. The load music pushed me out in time to catch the last Skytrain to Nana.

Since I had finished the circuit early, I popped into Angels Disco. Entrace fee 200B gets you a free first drink. The crowd was thinner than on the previous Saturday night when the place had been totally packed. Much fewer real lookers around than then, too. Not a bad selection, though. Quite a number of familiar faces from the Biergarten Soi 7 also in this place... The music was thankfully playing at a reasonable volume.

Wagner

Archived