O or B necessary for WP

northerner

northerner--

As I understand it (and I have done) you should get a "B" (Business) visa at a Thai diplomatic mission overseas first, then you go about acquiring your work permit... The "O" (Other) is for things such as spouse,retiree, etc.

Fellow posters am I correct???

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

there are other a bit more unusual nonimms, it all depends on the kind of profession you want to get a workpermit for.

sometimes embassies won't give you a nonimm even if you have the necessary documentation, in that case immigration can change your tourist visa into an nonimm. happened to me.

ask the next thai embassy.

if you don't have already all the papers i would not go in on a nonimm B on spec. you might yourself in the situation that you can't get another one when you need it. it's better to go in on a nonimm O, and get out again when you have the necessary papars for an nonimm B.

northerner:

Here's the webage from the Consulate General of Thailand in Los Angeles.. It's pretty good at outlining the requirements for each type of "class" of visa [b, F, O-A, R, O, etc] and what you need to do.

http://www.thai-la.net/non-im.htm

--UPSer

laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

PS: still a bit puzzeled by flyonzewall's secretive visa class crazy.gif" border="0

[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: UPSer ]

Archived