quick english visa

pattaya127

this english guy asked me if he can bring his bargirl home with him, next week. I did not understand if he started any kind of visa in the last 2 weeks since he's been with her, but she has a passport, and he was wondering if a trip to the british consulate can deliver a miracle. Told him i checked with the visa masters on this board. Thanks

The only quick visa you can get is a tourist visa, but he has almost zero chance of getting her one,

a) If she is his "girlfriend"

B) If she cannot prove she has good reason to return to Thailand, ie lots of cash in the bank (over a period of time) good job, property etc etc

Only way to get her in easily is Fiancee visa, means have 6 months to marry on arrival, process takes time though, as there is normally an interview for her which has a 6 week waiting time, and lots of paperwork needed from his side, he does not need to be in Thailand for the interview though, will cost a few hundred in application fees and other bits and pieces, if he is not serious about her then don't bother with this one

Biggest problems are: establishing genuine long term relationship, reason for return to Thailand, and that gf is not ex-bg (gotta create phoney paperless previous employment trail).

Maybe good test of time and sincerity of relationship, if he waits till his next visit. Meanwhile he maintains correspondence without mention of NEP or Pattaya bar scene in letters/email. Make gf's bank account details some neutral location too.... they'll want to see it!

Good luck to your mate.

Can offer some help relevant to Aus tourist visa. UK visa maybe have some similarities?

For the settlement visa some of the paperwork required, ie job references are not so vital, (they never even checked on my application)

What is key is proof you have met, some photos together, correspndence, emails, letters/cards with envelopes and stamps, and that the relationship is genuine, they cannot dictace minimum length of relationship or anything like that, but if the guy is 65 and the girl is 18 and they met a week ago, and she speaks no English, then naturally they will smell a rat, whilst trying to protect the sponsor.

Bottom line is if you have a semi decent job in the UK, have somewhere to live, 6 months of proof ofincome , and can prove the relationship is genuine'ish and you have met, and she can stick to the story in the interview, and answer some basic questions on you and what she wants, then you can get a settlement visa as a fiancee which gives you 6 months for her to come over, in which you must marry at the end of that or she must go back. They must believe you will marry, you do not however need to book or plan anything up front though.

For loads more UK specific stuff

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Thailand_UK/

Thanks a lot guys. I've had some problems with the G/F, which i deserve, frankly, and she had been telling me some english guy she had met last year was, unlike me, ready to commit and take her to England, Since i have barely seen her in the last 2 weeks, i was just worried she does something stupid, just trading love for security abroad. It's all resolved, the guy is so jealous he won't let her go away from him or call me. that is the death sentence in Pattaya: never tell a girl what she can do or not do. thai means free, no? Byebye, England! good morning Pattaya!

Love this city.....

Er, think some kids when you think Thai bar-gals, hence reaction to saying no which doesn't mean you should not say no. If she is running between two guys don't bother.

If the gal has a dodgy history she is better off applying as a tourist for two-three week trip via group tour, usually no interview. Soon as a farang is involved, interview needed. In UK they still give her a six month visa... though if she applies again may have problems.

Standard procedure at the interview is for the translator to twist everything the gal says so make sure visa isn't issued. eg translator asks if she wants to marry the farang, gal answers yes (meaning some time in the future) the next thing you know the gal is going to the UK to get married. Etc etc.

If you have a good case and are refused demand to see the boss - this will be refused but then demand to see the ambassador. If you don't back down you will eventually get somewhere.

The worse thing, some of the embassy higher-ups get their wives jobs in the visa section and they are basically a power-unto-themselves!

greg - just a point recently thinks seem better, my girlfriend had no problems at the interview, they were very nice and did not ask anything "stupid" nor attempted to twist her words, I think if they see it is not genuine then that is when they start, which is their job after all. My girfriend told me some of the girls being interviewed in front of her came dressed in mini skirts, platform shoes and heavy make up, looking like they just got out of someones bed ..

Archived