Shipping made in LOS stuff to USA, 1000-2000 lbs

imperial

Hi All

Is anyone doing shipping from BKK to California ?

I have a couple cubic meters of cast aluminum parts that I will need to get back to California.

I know I need "made in Thailand" stickers on everything but anything else ?

Does anyone have a shipper they have used,

Any idea how much shipping cost for Cubic Meter ?

Or is anyone sending a container I can get some space ?

Would like to do this in the next month or 2

thanks for your help.....post here or P-mail me

thanks for your help

I have looked into shipping and found I did not have enough to make it worthwhile. You basically need at least 2 cub meters to cover all the added expenses and overhead.

I workmate shipped his house back to the UK. Basically according to him it is fairly straight forward, if you speak thai. Need a boxer and a shipping company and clear customs. Some companies will do this for you. I beleive I have his shipper and packer's info at the office and will try and post it if I find it.

I think ballpark is 100$ / meter plus a stardard fixed overhead cost

• 2 weeks later...

I have shipped lots of stuff from Thailand to the US and it's pretty straight forward. You don't need to speak Thai and the cost per cbm ("makes sense factor") depends on the cost of what you are shipping vs. what you would have to pay for the same thing in the US.

Anyway, you want to find a freight forwarding company or logistics company - there are hundreds in BKK. Bax is a good one. I use a company in Chiang Mai that handles everything including packing. They can probably refer you to someone in BKK. They are very honest and reasonable. PM me if you want the details.

Archived