Lost Photo

MrX

My best Thai friend is Mon. She does TTM at a reputable(?) place on..... She is 33, married with an almost grown up son.

They work the farm up north while she generates a modicum of cash down here.

We are very close. She is also quite close to my wife and son. Something like a favourite aunt...

A while ago she was talking to my wife about a photo taken of her as a young woman (17 I believe) on the day before her wedding. Mon said the photo was degrading fast and my wife offered to take it to a photo shop, get it copied, blown up, resurrected , whatever...

OK , nothing happened for a while then one time I saw Mon she gave me the photo to take home so that my wife could effect the manipulations....

I handed over the photo and thought little more about it 'til weeks later I noticed nothing was happening re my wife's/Mon's project. Mon meanwhile was up- country.

So then it emerged that the photo was missing, mislaid, though it is unclear how it could possibly be definitively lost..

We look and look..

I havent contacted Mon for about a week now, which for us is a very long time, because I dont know what to say?

Cringe!

I have been there. Part of a previous job of mine was producing duplicates of old photos. i did many thousands.

the only time ever that i lost one, was when I was given a dozen or so by an old friend. his wife's grandparents, who perished in the camps in the second world war, were on one of them.

that's the one I lost.

Imagine my embarrasment.

it was never found again, and not for lack of looking.

There is not much you can do, except for apologising profusely.

• 1 month later...

Archived