Thaksin vision simply medieval

think_too_mut

Why do so many Thais reject any critism of Thailand no matter how constructive it is?

I guess nationalists are the same wherever you are. I remember the slogan "America, love it or leave it" or something to that effect.

For me, criticism shows that you at least take an active interest in the object of your criticism - which can never be bad. Too bad that many people feel threatened by criticism, or worse, feel that you, as an outsider have no right to have an opinion on the matter at all!

Cheers,

soongmak

Whenever I do make a negative comment about Thailand I usually qualify the good points first.

Maybe Thais dont realise but any critisism I make is out of an honest desire to see the country change so that the middle class grow and give more people opportunities. Its not like Thailand is particulary poor anymore.

I currently live in quite an affulent area of Bangkok where there are lots of nice houses and expensive cars driving around. When I made a comment to my ex-girlfriend about people living in complete luxury while many live in very poor conditions, she said I was jealous. Hardly I explained, but I would like to see the wealth shared more equally. I found it frustrating that she didnt get my point.

KS-

They really do not like to look into the mirror do they? I only express my opinions to Thais OUTSIDE of Thailand. When I do

I let it rip and I get a BIG kick out of it. ::

Bloody pathetic really in many wayes but so wonderful in many others. :dunno:

I guess thats why we like it????

I guess nationalists are the same wherever you are. I remember the slogan "America, love it or leave it" or something to that effect.

For me, criticism shows that you at least take an active interest in the object of your criticism - which can never be bad. Too bad that many people feel threatened by criticism, or worse, feel that you, as an outsider have no right to have an opinion on the matter at all!

All true. The problem in Thailand is that it is much worse.

This has always been a problem in Thailand. I have some views on why this is the case, but this public forum is probably not the best place to express those views.

Making the situation worse, certain leading politicians are exploiting Thailand's nationalist tendancies for their own advantage. This really concerns me, and I am just wondering how far they will take it.

[color:"red"]When I made a comment to my ex-girlfriend about people living in complete luxury while many live in very poor conditions, she said I was jealous. Hardly I explained, but I would like to see the wealth shared more equally. I found it frustrating that she didnt get my point.

[/color]

I made the same comment once to a lady sitting next to me in a plane, she said that it will be this way for our life time, because the grass-root people are not taught the money management. I feel the same too even though many members in the government is aware of this problem, no education system in Thailand even thinks about teaching such management! :(

Jasmine

I made the same comment once to a lady sitting next to me in a plane, she said that it will be this way for our life time, because the grass-root people are not taught the money management. I feel the same too even though many members in the government is aware of this problem, no education system in Thailand even thinks about teaching such management! :(

Jasmine

Of course not! Otherwise how Thaksin will get his 80% in the next general election?

Archived