My Sketchy Visa Run to Laos. *DELETED*

But there is nothing to stop you doing a solo run and just walking over to the entrance to Lao immigration once you have exited Lao at the bridge. I didn't do that but an Aussie chap who came over at the same time did, as I wanted to do the markets in Vietienne for a few hours, but I did come back on the same day without any fines or problems. The bridge closes quite early - 6pm? You can bargain the price for the ride into Vietienne down to 100 baht (for two) each way so it is quite cheap. Baht is accepted everywhere but the change tends to be in Lao money. Haven't found a cheap hotel in Vietiene that is up to what you can get in Udon Thani (300 baht for airconditioned, TV room, next to Robinsons(?)), which is less than an hour away from the brigde and an ideal stopover if you do the bus from Bangkok run. As said, it's one of the cheaper ways of refreshing a multi-entry visa.

DIY...if you have 2 passport photos and can write....PDR visa application and border pass.NO 50b entry to Laos,you can return to Thailand immediately..sometimes 10b entry fee to Thailand.Stock up in duty free shop..

cigs from 80b for 200, whiskey 20b a bottle,

caviar.... Iskara $70.

You mentioned THai wife. If you have a Non Immigration Type O visa do you still need to do visa runs every 90 days? I thought you were allowed a 1 year, renewable, stay in the Kingdom if you had a Type O.

quote:

Originally posted by sinsin:

DIY...if you have 2 passport photos and can write....PDR visa application and border pass.NO 50b entry to Laos,you can return to Thailand immediately..sometimes 10b entry fee to Thailand.Stock up in duty free shop..

cigs from 80b for 200, whiskey 20b a bottle,

caviar.... Iskara $70.

For 500 baht you can get a type "O" visa extended in Sathorn Road Immigration Police building. It takes them 6 weeks to process the application so even if they eventually

refuse you you have had another 45 days for 500 baht.

However with a Thai wife you will have no problem whatsoever.... why go to Laos??

Archived