UK Fiancee Visa?

mike1000

Do the people do the interview in Thai or English. I was thinking if I had a limited company here in the UK could I apply to sponsor a BG friend ie say I needed a Thai translator etc as I had a business which dealt a lot with Thailand.

In the same way that a big oompany can arrange for a person to come over no problem there is no reason why a small company cant.

Visited the British Embassy today on a passport related issue.

Big sign at the frontdoor advising against the use of visa 'touts' to get a visa saying 'this can be detrimental to obtaining the visa'.

It was dated Jan 2002 so they must be aware that something is going on.

So be careful. The embassy staff have always been most helpful to me. I would always ask their advice first.

Thanks everyone for all the advice on this thread.

I have definitely decided to not to use this Thai Lawyer/Agent, and not to get married this time out.

Also I have written a long email to the Embassy contact mentioned earlier, being totally honest about the amount of time I have known my GF (3 months) and what my plans are for the future regarding settling and marraige in Thailand on completion of selling up all my assets in the UK, in the hope of being granted a Fiancée visa.

I have got all my documents together including a letter from my employer, but am a bit worried that I will back at home by the time she has the interview. Also if I will be expected to leave all my orig. documents like birth cert etc. in Thailand with her.

Going out on Saturday and really looking forward to it apart from trying to explain to my GF that we won’t be getting married just yet. (The lawyer put that idea into her head)

Wish me luck,

Mike.

If you dont want to leave the docs with her then get them notorized by a commissioner of oaths and send those copies (costs ££ though).

Also dont tell the Embassy too much beyond your marriage, what you do after that point is not relevant and will only give them extra rope and riddles for the interview if they can link it with your application.

Keep it all short and sweet and to the point all they need to know is that you have met and will marry within 6 months of entry.

Dont act like you think 3 months is not long enough otherwise they can always imply that you may not marry, you have to let them think you are 100% certain to do this , and you are sure, very important and dont let them think you will marry in the UK and then bugger off, it has to seem to be permanent otherwise they may suggest marry when you get to Thailand, and why you would give up everything.

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Swishtz ]

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Swishtz ]

Archived