success at getting a visa to canada

whosyourdaddy

Well The good news is that my g/f just recieved her visa to Canada today. Having worked with a few embassies over the years I was surprised at how quick the process was.

Just a few pointers when you are going for a visa..

1) make sure all the paperwork is in order. It will be delayed or turned down if it is not. Things like bank statement , pictures, exact change for the visa is a must.

2) If you are working in LOS and have a work permit, include that as well as your contract. This is what put us over the edge and got the visa within 24 hours without an interview. We both showed that we were returning after the honeymoon

3) I also had a letter of support from my family back home and this helped in providing financial info

Was looking at the out boxes, of the 20 applications there , about 3/4 of them were processed without interviews. Of the 1/4 of them that had to be interviewed I noticed a few of them were asked to show more info. (ie incomplete forms etc)

I am surprised in that I must say that it was an easy and efficient process. Most people got the visa that were in the cue with us. About time the canadian goverment stated giving thais a break. When I worked here 5 years ago, the applications were denied alot more.

Archived