BANGKOK FR 2-8 AUG 2004: DAY FOUR

DAY FOUR

Had a long lay in this morning before heading out across the road to BUATHIP massage again, this time for a Thai Massage. They asked if I minded whether a blind male masseur did it. Of course this made no difference to me as I guessed the very fact the guy was blind meant he would know precisely what he was doing ? and he did. I tipped the guy 100bht.

Killed time roaming around really until 22:00 to check out Hollywood 2. this is on the top floor of Nana and much bigger than Hollywood 1 with more girls dancing on two carousels. I don?t know whether the two stages were for two different types of girls or not. On balance I think the girls at Angel Witch in Nana were best out of the three I visited.

Barfined (600bht) a very pretty girl for 1,500 short time for plenty of fun at the hotel. Unfortunately she spoke absolutely no English but had a great lolita look ? her idea was checked at the hotel and they didn?t raise any questions so that?s all I have to go on as regards age. She told me she was twenty though I?d say she looked 16/17 by western standards. I thought quite hard about this afterwards as to whether by going with a girl with lolita looks I was some kind of pervert. On balance I conclude that I needed to avoid comparing apples with oranges at it were. I felt that I was going with a Thai girl with young looks who was of legal age, and it would be a different ball game entirely if I were purposefully seeking out a girl of young looks on the basis that she was underage. If a girl is an adult but happens to look young I think I?m relatively comfortable with that in relation to the ability of the girl to consent as an adult, which is something not true of those seeking out those below the age of consent because they have a predilection for children.

After plenty of fun I was in my bed asleep, avoiding the police raid on Nana at 01:30 shutting the place down. Given the rather tame nature of the scene there nowadays I wonder about the reasoning of cutting off what I would have thought would be a major contributor to the local economy by attracting the tourist dollar. It obviously not only damages NEP and Soi Cowboy but the whole host of associated industries like the taxi drivers, street vendors, pharmacies and hotels. The impression I got from the locals I talked to were that none were happy with the clampdowns by Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. However I could not help notice that there are elections for Bangkok?s governor at the end of the month and one of the popular candidates is ex massage parlour king Chuvit Kamolvisit ? maybe some sense may return to the scene if he is elected.

Archived