Is marrying her the only way? Need more time!

Ericsabai,

Hi!

I said their are other visas OTHER than the ones you mention: fiancee visa or getting married.

Mapper stated that his Fiancee has a 10 year visitors visa. In order to get this, she has to have assets. As a result, several visas come to mind..

As Thailand is a Treaty country with the USA,the L-1 E-1 or the E-2 visas are possible valid options. Their are requirements which are too much in detail to list here. Yes if she qualified, she could bring her children and or dependent parents. Even possibly associates that were qualified to work with her in the States.

Just a couple ways she fulfil the capital requirement, if she does not happen to have it..She could get a loan from a associate, go 50-50% partners with an American, work as a manager in the States for her ex-company, if they wanted to open ANY type of company in the States, etc.

I did the Fiancee visa route 10 years ago so well aware of that route. If Mapper is not sure of marriage, then in my opinion, he should explore ALL options before making that commitment.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Advanced parole, which allows one to leave and re-enter the US while awaiting a conditional green card is issued for a year. This allows for multiple exits and entrys. Timelines from the filing of the AOS till issuance of the CGC vary greatly among the different INS offices in the US. Because some might not be adjucated in some offices for 12-18 months, the AP is issued for a year.

10 year visitors visa - hehe - sounds like my old g/f.

Anyway best of luck.

Boy that's a rare visa. My old g/f had some kind of visa like that. She had worked at the USA embassy for awhile. I still have a soft spot in my heart for her. Without her I would never have met my wife - eventually.

I am guilty of a one track mind. I don't know about "not wanting to marry". I am married and waiting.

As a last thought there are only few types of visa's available. I think it's best to be (more or less) honest with INS.

Once you make up your mind even 1 month apart seems like a very long time.

I would hate to say find another. but perhaps it's the best advice.

On a side note I am much happier with my new wife than my old g/f. Of coarse my first year in Thailand (and still) it was nearly impossible for me to communicate very much in Thai. What little Thai I learned was from my students mostly.

On my trips after teaching it was a real negative factor if she could speak English at all.

My wife has probably 100's of years of ancestery working in rice fields and such.

To me she is a really special woman.

I filed my I-130 for my wife here (shes waivered in from Japan) on Jan 7. She is scheduled for prints Feb 20, the interview as I understand will be in May.

I asked the INS about parole, she is eligble for same and can come and go as she pleases.

Hey Mapper, A says hi to G

Hey WA,

G says hi to A back. I'm going to go ahead and make the leap. Have to get a pre-nup drawn up next week. Then we go forward. She's pretty happy about the whole thing.

• 4 months later...

Hi Mapper,

I am in the same situation.

My girlfriend (i meet her by the nanaplaza) come allready over for 3 months from February untill end April afther we go together to Thailand and i stay there one month in May.

So, we stay together 4 months allready but now i am allready 1 month in Holland but i like to have her here for longer then 3 months.

For me is the only way to marrie her, i have a graet time with her and she take care me very well and she like to stay here in Holland with me.

So, i think sometimes to much cause she was a lady from the bar but i am sure she's with her family home and i call her every day.

So, i go to Thailand (12 July)for to marrie her but for me its olso a risk but i'll go for it.....my feeling is always good about her.

If you know she have only you and no other boyfriends for email or call then you can go for it...MARRIE HER and be happy together.

Good luck.

Archived