BANGKOK FR 2-8 AUG 2004: DAY FIVE

DAY FIVE

Not a great deal to share about day five really. I was starting to flag a little - i don't know if jet lag was catching up with me or not.

really only pottered about the shops during the day catching a couple of beers and a meal at the Londoner Brew Pub, Basement of UBC II Building, Corner of Soi 33, Sukhumvit Road.

Evening time it was back down to Soi Cowboy to check out Lucky Star bar. Met a nice Aussie expat there who I had a good chat with, assuring me there was little chance of this club being raided tonight as it was owned by the police themselves. This bar wasn?t all that big but had a good atmosphere and some nice girls performing some well choreographed routines. Despite nearly leaving on account of some obnoxious Dutch guy who was extremely drunk and not handling it well I met up with a lovely girl whose rather large breasts I had become fascinated with. She also spoke excellent English and despite looking about 20 turned out to be 30.

Agreed 1,500bht and took taxi back to Landmark hotel. I don?t know whether there had been more raids at Nana that evening but there was a load of police cars outside on the hotel drive watching people coming and going. Having said this they didn?t trouble me or the girl at all and we had a lovely time in the room. She was by far the best I had and I?m convinced she also had a good time. Experience over youth definitely won out on this occasion.

Like the posts, Bangor- short, sweet, reveals some small vulnerabilities and no bullshit or bravado.

Maybe (maybe) paid a little bit high for some things (shirts, perhaps?), but nothing crazy. Sounds like you had a great experience and traveled in style.

I got a kick reading about your 11-hour looong journey- remembering my 28 friggin' hour CHO-BKK trips.

Book your next trip yet? :)

bangor said:

DAY FIVE

Not a great deal to share about day five really. I was starting to flag a little - i don't know if jet lag was catching up with me or not.

really only pottered about the shops during the day catching a couple of beers and a meal at the Londoner Brew Pub, Basement of UBC II Building, Corner of Soi 33, Sukhumvit Road.

Evening time it was back down to Soi Cowboy to check out Lucky Star bar. Met a nice Aussie expat there who I had a good chat with, assuring me there was little chance of this club being raided tonight as it was owned by the police themselves. This bar wasn?t all that big but had a good atmosphere and some nice girls performing some well choreographed routines. Despite nearly leaving on account of some obnoxious Dutch guy who was extremely drunk and not handling it well I met up with a lovely girl whose rather large breasts I had become fascinated with. She also spoke excellent English and despite looking about 20 turned out to be 30.

Agreed 1,500bht and took taxi back to Landmark hotel. I don?t know whether there had been more raids at Nana that evening but there was a load of police cars outside on the hotel drive watching people coming and going. Having said this they didn?t trouble me or the girl at all and we had a lovely time in the room. She was by far the best I had and I?m convinced she also had a good time. Experience over youth definitely won out on this occasion.

Archived