The Thai's and food?

Lusty

Guest lazyphil

My Mrs is more in tune with western eating habits in the sense of eating 3 or 4 times per day--we have a favorite Italian place we go to in town, not sure if the food or the pretty riverside location does it?....... I will never forget the time last year when visiting her tgf and hubby in Austria they, the girls, insisted in taking a stock of Thai food and rice steamer for the chalet we were heading to over the Alps in Italy, I said we're going to Italy for christs sake we dont need all this!!....it soon became apparent I was correct and a food frenzy of Italian food begain!..recently visting our friend and family in the States in Chicago we took off to their cabin in north Minnesota, we did see the need to stock up at the Thai supermarket as were deep in the wilderness up there, mrs caught several Bass which she cooked up Thai style, 8 hours on a Canoe built up a very healthy appetite, we ate just one time that day I think.....we ate beer on the Canoe, does this count?

• 7 years later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Mrs is more in tune with western eating habits in the sense of eating 3 or 4 times per day--we have a favorite Italian place we go to in town, not sure if the food or the pretty riverside location does it?....... I will never forget the time last year when visiting her tgf and hubby in Austria they, the girls, insisted in taking a stock of Thai food and rice steamer for the chalet we were heading to over the Alps in Italy, I said we're going to Italy for christs sake we dont need all this!!....it soon became apparent I was correct and a food frenzy of Italian food begain!..recently visting our friend and family in the States in Chicago we took off to their cabin in north Minnesota, we did see the need to stock up at the Thai supermarket as were deep in the wilderness up there, mrs caught several Bass which she cooked up Thai style, 8 hours on a Canoe built up a very healthy appetite, we ate just one time that day I think.....we ate beer on the Canoe, does this count?

i understand their 'need' to eat often and at irregular times,i'm the same as my appetite has been all over the place for years.

i just eat when i'm hungry and that can be at anytime of day.

if a meal is planned then i have to starve myself so that i'm hungry when time to eat.

but i don't understand their need to buy so much food at a time.... :surprised:

my latest gal would be eating every few hours and it certainly was a banquet,but so much was wasted and thrown away.. :sad:

why not just order little at a time and if still hungry then just get a little more afterwards?.

Same same in China. The Chinese will order mountains of food and then leave it to be thrown away :dunno:

The Thais have some DNA trait from the Chinese?

The younger generations in China have started to "take away" the excess food, so good on them and maybe the change will trickle down to LOS.

Same same in China. The Chinese will order mountains of food and then leave it to be thrown away :dunno:

The Thais have some DNA trait from the Chinese?

The younger generations in China have started to "take away" the excess food, so good on them and maybe the change will trickle down to LOS.

the 'doggy bag' is an interesting thing.

in the UK not really the done thing to ask to take away unwanted food,but i and some friends do as it makes a nice treat for the my cats.

i used to frequent an irish themed bar in patong which was rather expensive but a good night out with good beers and great entertainment.

the food portions were large and when finished with the staff would ask if we wanted to take away what was left?

of course i did as i had a small kitchenette in my bungalow and would re-heat the food the next day if i wanted to and it tasted just as good.

and while i think about it there was something i found strange among several thai ladies.

i love thai food but sometimes i don't want to eat it all day everyday and just fancy a change.

i encourage the locals to try western food just to see what their opinion is of it.

some will try and not like and others would like it and finish the meal off.

everynow and then i would like a quick snack like a burger/kebab,something i could eat quickly and while walking down the street.

but on occasions i would take people to a good italian restaurant and recommend dishes for them to try.

but i was surprised at some people's inability to eat pasta.... :dunno:

if i ordered spaghetti bolagnese they had so much trouble eating the long strands of pasta.

i would shake my head and think that surely it's similar to long noodles and they eat that on a regular basis.

same sort of food but i suppose it's just a 'thing' they are not sure about.

but i have got used to eating without a knife,rarely use one at home these days,just don't give me chopsticks... :blink:

Archived