South of France--where?

Guest baldrick

Guest lazyphil

Going on a holiday to Austria to visit friends (Thai/falang) in October and we're talking about driving to somewhere in the South of France for 5 or 6 days, looking for a historic, quiet little town/large village not so far from Nice or some other Med coast town. Old farm house or something like this--any ideas (French sanukers here--AmoresPerros behave ya self!)

OK, I'll behave.

DO NOT go to Le Quai des Anges in Agde, as this is one of the most infamous gang bang places in Southern France, I've seen an asian bird there last time and she looked a bit scared. Much better head to La Villa Romaine or other clubs around, which are typical swing clubs and basically more civilised.

Hope to have been of help, and i'll be coming back soon for more info :p

Okay, little secret.

Quinson. North of Draguinard in Provence.

Lovely place. Very small sleepy town. About 3 restaurants and only 2 bars.

Campsite and pool in town.

Museum of Pre-history there and also a re-created pre-historic villlage that you can go around.

Watersports centre where you can hire pedalos etc and go up a fantastic gorge. Also possible to walk alongside the gorge.

Very near to the Grand Canyon of Verdon.

Some spectacular scenery around there. Love it. Was there last July 03.

Phil, mate ::

Ya know, I'd just love to help you and all this, but...

I'm sitting right now in Southern France in my grandparents house, weather sucks so much it could be Scotland I guess (big anomaly for August) and I just need to get the fuck outta here as soon as possible (friday probably, get an overdose of cured ham in Spain with all my screaming family (god bless etc...) than come back to more civilised cities, like Lyon and Paris)

Well, I'd just love to be of help but have no clue about farms and stuff... I sure love driving through the area when I head to Nice, Marseille or Monaco but... even though we're a bunch of grown up on the board, keep in mind than sex with underage animals is still a no no, so watch out!

And if U're anywhere near Nice, go and visit the city, great IMO

Guest lazyphil

AP mate :D

Nice is somewhere I want to go, I spoke of villages/farms as I dont want to be right in the middle of a town, say 10 miles from, somewhere quiet (cheaper!?) but near enough Nice or some place like it. I dunno really, France never appealed to me much before, I just got the urge to go look see now, heard good things, got to put my prejudice aside for once!

Used to spend holidays upcountry not far from Nice, U just leave town and U enter the Alps. Should have many villages but can't help. If U plan to go to Nice in October it's not high season and more affordable. I usually stay In Kyriad Hotel, rue Rossini, a 3* hotel, downtown and at walking distance from La Promenade des Anglais. 72 or 78 euros per night for a double, usually I only need to ask and get a superior for the same price , which are noticeably better.

I'll get U the number if interested

Archived