HELP - Engagement visa for the UK

I hope someone can help. I live in the UK and I want t bring back a girl from Thailand to see if we can settle down together in England. I am coming back to Thailand at the end of March and would like to get the Visa process kicked off as soon as possible.

Does anyone know the process of getting an engagement visa and what can I do to help.

I have a good friend in Thailand who can help me if needed and my girl is free to go down there if needed.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in adavance for your help.

1. Log onto the British Embassy Website or www.thailand-uk.com and download the Financee Visa documents.

2. Your Thai g/f must then apply for the visa and she will be given an interview, it takes about two months to get one.

3. You must prove to the embassy that:-

You have a relationship.

A home in England

Money in the bank

Employment

Not relying on any state benefits

etc etc etc (Check with embassy for latest regs)

4. You have to pay a Visa fee (not refundable)

www.thailand-uk.com is a website ste up by husbands, boyfriends of Thai girls living in the UK and all the upto date info you need is on here.

Basically If your relationship is real and you can support your girl for the first six months (as she is not allowed to work) a visa is no problem

Chris

Hi

As well as the information on the Thailand-UKwebsite, there is also the associated Thailand_UK Yahoo group with over 300 members. You are welcome to join the group and pick the brains of the members, many of whom have already gone through the fiance or spouse visa process.

Best wishes

Paul

Webmaster Thailand-UK.com

Group moderator Thailand_UK Yahoo group

Archived