visa runs still okay

Just for the record, I am the kinda aging idiot who is on his third long term relationship with Thai gals and I certainly would not walk around with someone who dressed like a Patpong hardcore hooker even in Pattaya let alone Laos. Anyway, many of the Lao gals are absolutely prime if you like a certain kinda Oriental woman (slender, dark skinned, cute flat nose, etc) and it is rather annoying that you have to marry one (an extended form of suicide if you ask me) to legally have sex (or take her out of Laos) whilst the Laotian men come on to Thai gals as if there is no tomorrow (but usually don't get anywhere, given the way Thais think about Laotians). Laos is cool for a visa run, the beer lao is fantastic and even the whisky lao Lion brand at 20 baht a bottle is rather good and totally unlike the meths you get in Thailand. But it totally lacks any kinda romantic potential which is a huge no-no with me and I find a backwater in Korat just as laid back but with huge potential from the gals... and even bigger hassles from the guys who want to spoil things for everyone (yes, it is their country and I really should grab a girl and do a runner back to Blighty but that is probably another form of extended suicide).

Archived