Singapore ........

vinod

I'll flying directly to Singapore from US and my GF would be joining me at Singapore.

I appreciate if any board memebers can let me know if she will have a problem with the immigration at the Bangkok with regard to funds for going or any other hassles. She has return ticket and the trip is for 4 days.

I do not anticipate any problem at Singapore immigration since my flight is arriving 1 hour ahead of her arrival & both us will be going together to the immigration.

thanks

vinod

You should not have any problems on bringing your girlfriend to singapore for such a short duration,.

Unless either of you is anything other than a visitor to singapore (i.e. not a national or Permanent resident) the singapore immigration will stamp your passport for 30 days and hers for one (or maybee two) weeks assuming that her passport contains no evidence of previous infractions against the state such as overstaying e.t.c.

I took my Thai girlfriend in and out of singapore for the last 6 months with no problems in this manner. but the maximum that immigration will give is 2 weeks.

Even if you go through the passport control together, because there is no sponser in singapore for her, you will be treated as independently from each other, therefore she may have to flash some evidence of having money to immigration, so make sure she is suitably flush when you meet her from the plane.

hope all goes well.

There should be no trouble at the Singapore end, generally a fast, friendly, professional service. Just imageing the complete opposite to Bangkok.

Have taken two Thai girls to Singapore and although they had no real problems at the Thailand end, when leaving, they both said that the Thai immigration offical asked them some pretty rude and insulting questions. In fact one girl was visibly upset when I met her after I had gone through he 'farang' queue.

I told the girl she should have told the offical to f*** off and mind his own business about why she was going to Singapore but I guess this is not the correct Thai style in this situation

Sybo

Hi

Thanks for the info. I travel quite often on business to Sin. With regard to my GF's passport this is her first travel out side her country and she has no other visa stamp.

I'll take your advice of giving her a few hundreds of USD in case the SIN imigrations questions her expenses.

vinod

As I mentioned in another thread, as a citizen of a fellow ASEAN member, Singapore allows Thais into their country visa-free. My wife and I went there before, she on a Thai passport, and no hassles. We had taken the train from Kuala Lumpur, so this was at the train-station Immigration check there.

Archived