Globally ruined Thai!

MrX

No sex here...just a second hand anecdote to relate:

My wife teaches on one of those mushrooming international graduate programs set up to feed 'qualified' personnel into the global "Aid" machine...

Right now there is a prestigous one running in Bangkok where the students get to do a stint in Europe, and spend other periods in various SEA countries.

The students, unsurprizingly, are academically challenged even if several of them already work as university lecturers in their respective home countries which include Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.

So, one Thai guy on the course, maybe late twenties, regularly shows up late, doesnt do the assignments, plays with his mobile phone, etc. My wife explains, obviously enough, how important his consistent effort and attendance is, for him and for the other students. He replies " sure teacher, I understand, but me, I am a liberal (sic) and I already paid my money for this course so that means I get to do what I like...... right?

" sure teacher, I understand, but me, I am a liberal (sic) and I already paid my money for this course so that means I get to do what I like...... right? "

Wrong. He says he understands, but he clearly doesn't. His nose-picking distracts both fellow students and teacher, so he should either study like the others or move the fuck out. :) The fact that he already paid is his problem. The classroom is not a playground for ignorant kids to hide from mommy or whomfu*()ever!

Romp,

The guy's a stupid, ignorant, disrespectful self-centered asshole. He equates having paid for the class/course into meaning he can do as he pleases and fail the course, be late, disrupt the class, playing with his fucking toy phone, (probably using it to play video games while she's trying to teach the rest of the class) and being a general pest. She needs to straighten this dipshit out, by sending him out of the class to the administrator's office to see if he can get a refund on his payment for the class, as your wife is going to either not let him in the classroom, or is going to certainly flunk him, so he might as well understand that now and try to get some bread back if he can. She really has to light into this fool with both barrels, politely, but with both barrels. She should smile at him and say, "Yes, you can pass or fail, you paid to do whichever you'd like, but I AM a conservative. I have rules as a teacher and as a person, and YOU either follow them, or get the fuck out of my class and stay the fuck out of my class. Idiot!" or maybe something a bit more polite. :-)

Cent

Archived